Product reviews

NoGi

Anyone here with a community where members can post reviews like on products? I am trying to find a better layout than the forum view and wanted to know what solutions are out there. Could this be done with Articles? Was thinking of something like a grid style layout with ratings.

In the database, give the groups permission to review.

For product reviews you would create a record for that product. So let's say the product is iPhone 6s. Create the record with product image, description, and fill in your custom fields. Now your users can post a review for that record; the iPhone 6s. They can only post one review and rate it with stars. If you have comments enabled, in the tab on the right, they can leave comments as well.

I've created the record in Articles in the Category for reviews. Review is enabled in the database, but where is this done?

4 hours ago, chilihead said:

Now your users can post a review for that record;

Aaaah OK, now I understand why I didn't see it. Not quite what I was wanting.

I have a sub forum called Product Reviews where every now and then someone will post a great review (good or bad). I promote that post into an article and it links all the replies as comments. That part works ok and as expected.

What I am wanting is a grid style view on the article listings in that review category. From looking at the category settings, I think what I am chasing is a template for the listing view.

Sounds like a simple process for an experience IPS4 developer. lol

For the slow learners like me, what happened to the page where we could request (for payment) work to be done? I can only see the list I poste above but not a place to actually request work to be done.

Archived