How do I make a 2nd nav bar?

Hunter Lyons

I know how to code it in html, css, and do any js bits I need. I just can't get it to display on my IPS site. I'm making it in an html template in my theme. Where can I put the call to that template? In my globalTemplate? Where at on that? It's a nav bar totally separate from the main IPS one, which would appear in the bottom right corner of my site.

Whenever I put it anywhere in my globalTemplate at the moment, it just shows up in that area. ie: above the top nav bar if I put it there, in the content area if I put it there, in my footer or below it if I put it there, etc... Where do I put it / or what can I do to make it "break" the content area and display where I need? It's a static nav bar.

1 hour ago, Lyonharted said:

I know how to code it in html, css, and do any js bits I need. I just can't get it to display on my IPS site. I'm making it in an html template in my theme. Where can I put the call to that template? In my globalTemplate? Where at on that? It's a nav bar totally separate from the main IPS one, which would appear in the bottom right corner of my site.

Whenever I put it anywhere in my globalTemplate at the moment, it just shows up in that area. ie: above the top nav bar if I put it there, in the content area if I put it there, in my footer or below it if I put it there, etc... Where do I put it / or what can I do to make it "break" the content area and display where I need? It's a static nav bar.

Depends how far down you want it ... have you tried looking in globalTemplate for <footer> ?

If you are using same css for your navbar that is used for top navbar then likely that is reason it appears with top navbar ... without more info then not much else can suggest

It's different custom css than my top nav bar. I'm using an IPBForo theme for that. ^^

Yeah, basically what I'm trying to do is this:

a68e5a08db2635535b8779601e4a7596.png

Basically, that little bit in the bottom right corner. I know how to make that, I'm just having trouble finding how to make that work in IPS.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived