accidentally removed users

Hello, 

I wanted to delete validating users, so i sorted them by validating and went to delete the first one. Then without noticing it went back to the regular "latest user" sort, and i started spam deleting newly created users.

I ended up deleting 4 users (which i all got contact to now).

I wish to get these users back. I found a post that seemed useful but i could not get it to work: http://coreyjmahler.com/2013/05/29/restore-deleted-ip-board-user/

I then noticed that there is a Merge user option, but i cannot find the "Guest" user.

I can get all the deleted users to re-create their accounts, that's not a problem. I just wish their posts etc to be located back to the real author.

Also, i use Display name instead of Username!

Can someone help me out?

A deleted user is gone - there is no "Guest" user so you can't merge anything with it.

Yes, you will have to get them to sign up again - and then you will need to identify (via the database tables) what was their old content (topics/posts/PMs etc etc) and then update that content in the database to reflect their new member id.

How much content are you talking? You said they were "newly created users" so how much have they actually done? Is it going to be worth the time and effort?

3 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

How much content are you talking? You said they were "newly created users" so how much have they actually done? Is it going to be worth the time and effort?

Hello Nathan, thank you for replying to my post.

Obviously we're only talking about a total of 4 posts which is absolutely nothing, but i still wish to regain the context of the users + i'd like to learn how to deal with this in the future. The time it takes is no real concern. I just aren't fully aware of how to do this step by step.

Oh and, it's only topics for now i need them to regain :).

OK - you will need to update the topic and post information in the forums_topics and forums_posts tables. Topics have a starter_id and starter_name, while posts have an author_id and author_name....these would need to reflect the id of the new account, and the display name of the new account.

Alternatively....

Thank you so much Nathan! I've went ahead and edited in the posts and topics!

I'm still not seeing the author everywhere fx on their profile i can't see their posts, or in the latest topics and main forum board.

The author do appear now when you're reading the post, so that works so far so good :)!

Just had to wait for a little while. WUHUUUUU!

Archived