Does anyone know how to remove error codes on notices?

kar3n2

When we have forums that for certain member groups can be viewed but posts within them cant be viewed we can add a message.  However the message always shows an error code after it and also says, sorry there is a problem which I think makes it appear as though something is wrong with the site ( if you get my drift) .

SO... does anybody know how we can remove these things so we simply have our own message which is much nicer and I think would be much more professional?

no problem.png

For  'fa icon' and '1F176/3' add in your Custom css

#elError .fa,strong {display:none;}

For texts:

'Error code:' and 'Sorry, there is a problem' -> Open Customizaton - Language - Translate, find language keys

'error_page_code'  and  'something_went_wrong '  and save 'Space' :thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, Adlago said:

For texts:

'Error code:' and 'Sorry, there is a problem' -> Open Customizaton - Language - Translate, find language keys

Thanks as always @Adlago

But I do know I need an "employee"...  this would take him 5 mins and he would enjoy a well deserved pint of beer or three from me.... without such an employee the task will probably tke me over an hour to work out... time that I could spend on doing something worthwhile like finding even more problems for my "employee" to put right.....

LIFES A PEACH!!!!!

23 hours ago, Adlago said:

For texts:

It worked nicely it seemed although I think something else happened. On another forum I have text and images in the description. HOWEVER... I noticed the text was missing so I edited it to remove any formatting which in this case was bold text.  The text re-appeared then. When I edited again to make the text bold it disappeared again.

I am not sure if there is cause and effect going on ...

I just checked other forums and as long as there is no formatting like BOLD text etc we can see the text.  Adding formatting makes the text disappear.  Agin Im not sure if the two things are related. ( see what I mean by wishing I had an employee to do these things as it all takes so very long to do and no REAL work gets done! argghgh)

Just now, Adlago said:

Show link to this page

on Iphone they sit nicely two rows of 3 images ( banner ads testing only) and on my laptop they site nicely as one row of 6 banner images   http://www.outdoormuckers.co.uk/community/forums/forum/109-say-hello-from-avon/

The idea being to hopefully have relevant outdoors business from Avon county ( in this example page) sponsor the forum. I had to add them into desciption because there is no sign of blocks around forums in the near future

Archived