Embed a local .mp4 file?

LDDG

Im no expert on this but id assume the site would have to upload it first to make it viewable? when my members post these I generally upload them to youtube then edit their post with the link, dont think id like loads of videos being uploaded to my server to be honest would need huge storage. 

41 minutes ago, karld said:

Im no expert on this but id assume the site would have to upload it first to make it viewable? when my members post these I generally upload them to youtube then edit their post with the link, dont think id like loads of videos being uploaded to my server to be honest would need huge storage. 

Yea, that is what I am doing now. Upload the mp4 to YouTube and use that instead. Q few extra steps but does save bandwidth and storage.

52 minutes ago, karld said:

I did think that when you add as an attachment it uploaded to the server but you still have to download mp4 files to view so i'm not sure?

Yes, they upload as any ither attachment and a link is displayed. I was referring to having it play inline (embedded) such as YouTube videos do.

9 minutes ago, LDDG said:

Yes, they upload as any ither attachment and a link is displayed. I was referring to having it play inline (embedded) such as YouTube videos do.

https://invisionpower.com/files/file/8007-attachments-audio-player/

I'd ask the author first with this as it states mp3 rather than mp4 and there are (some) differences in the file format itself.

If you would like to examine other options, search the Marketplace for 'player' or 'embed' and there are a few more results. ^_^ I simply picked the first one I found as an example.

2 hours ago, AndyF said:

https://invisionpower.com/files/file/8007-attachments-audio-player/

I'd ask the author first with this as it states mp3 rather than mp4 and there are (some) differences in the file format itself.

If you would like to examine other options, search the Marketplace for 'player' or 'embed' and there are a few more results. ^_^ I simply picked the first one I found as an example.

Hi Andy,

I did speak with the author about this last night. Nice guy to chat with. Regarding this, his plugin is not compatible with video files and his explanation as to why had to due with resources and bandwidth usage. Very good explanation and made lots fo sense.

I will checkout the marketplace again. I did a search but it was for embed video, not for player.

Thanks again.

Archived