What did you do about broken BBCode, etc?

Graeme S.

Hi all,

So I (IPS did most of the work) upgraded my forum yesterday, and I've had a few messages about old broken BBCode. I had quite a few custom codes, and I am just wondering how/if any of you tried to resolve some of the broken formatting. Did you just accept that old posts might look strange or not work as before, or did you run find and replace queries in SQL? 

Hello @Graeme S.;

How are you today?

Could you post a few shots of what code is broken? Is it actual BBCode, or HTML? Is it recent/old posts content, or is it the IPS software itself?

I can recall my post content (BBCode) losing its format slightly when I upgraded to IPS4, but nothing major. I actually went ahead and went through them manually and re-formatted what I thought was important. 

Share you screenshots so we all can help. Or, you can visit my weboage below for reliable IPB custom support and help. 

Best regards,  

On 3/11/2016 at 6:19 PM, Graeme S. said:

Hi all,

So I (IPS did most of the work) upgraded my forum yesterday, and I've had a few messages about old broken BBCode. I had quite a few custom codes, and I am just wondering how/if any of you tried to resolve some of the broken formatting. Did you just accept that old posts might look strange or not work as before, or did you run find and replace queries in SQL? 

test

edit: oops sorry about that

Archived