"Thank You"-like Button

ChatterBox

I am looking for a plugin to add a button similar to a Thank You button into every post in a specific forum or topic. Ideally I would like to be able to customize the text on the button and have it show next to it which users clicked the button.

I have looked through the Marketplace and I can't find this but I'm sure I have seen it on plenty of forums so I am thinking it is a Plug In.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

You mean like this?

62bac2447dc991ad9bc129b4bfd28188.png

It's the standard inbuilt reputation system, you can change the language from "Like This" to "Thank You" if you wanted - I'm actually in the process of discussing a custom app seperate from the reputation system which is a "thanks" system. It's basically to differtentiiate between someone just saying thanks and someone liking something because of it being a quality post, well researched and documented etc.

e70adf38382dd45a3e41d2d0204596fd.png

I guess something similar to the reputation system with the Like This button, but I actually I want to keep the reputation system as is and have another button I can use in specific forums to keep track of something different that I can customize the button text.

1 hour ago, ChatterBox said:

I guess something similar to the reputation system with the Like This button, but I actually I want to keep the reputation system as is and have another button I can use in specific forums to keep track of something different that I can customize the button text.

Post it in Feedback they are currently revamping the rep system and it may include new buttons, not sure.

1 hour ago, ChatterBox said:

I'm in discussions with a developer for exactly this, so that we can offer likes and what we call "brains" issued for well thought out topics/posts, reputation has been used for this purpose but I want to offer rep and brains and the developer has something similar. I'll refer him to this topic.

For the time being this will work to only show it in the forums I want "Reputation Per Forum 2.0.0"

3 hours ago, craigf136 said:

you can change the language from "Like This" to "Thank You" if you wanted

3 hours ago, Cloud 9 said:

You can also change the heart to other items using custom css

How can I change the text and the heart?

7 minutes ago, craigf136 said:

To change the text

customisation/languages - click the little world icon to translate, type in search box "like this" and change the relevant fields.

Capture.thumb.PNG.d57b284dd09e05047eafd7

Will this replace ALL instances of the "Like This" text with what I put in there?

If someone types "Like This" in their post will it replace that too?

Archived