Menu Manager Bug?

AaronP

Super annoying menu manager bug:

I remove the all of the menus from the Menu manager (I'm using a custom navbar and don't want anything from IPS's menu manager there). So I delete both menus/their children menus. "Publish this menu".

Then, I wake up the next morning, and the menu is back. Again, I have to go in and delete the menu. I also notice upon updating the Forum application it automatically adds the default menus even though I deleted them.

Hello @AaronP;

Try this:

1. Delete your custom menu application
  2. Re-enable the default IPS Menu Manager feature
  3. Use the menu manager from IPS, and simply customize it to have all the same menu links, etc that you'd like

No difference, same result, it's built in with IPS so it'd 100% supported, plus no bugs - at least not yet.

Enjoy :)

On 2/8/2016 at 10:09 PM, Kevin 7 said:

Hello @AaronP;

Try this:

1. Delete your custom menu application
  2. Re-enable the default IPS Menu Manager feature
  3. Use the menu manager from IPS, and simply customize it to have all the same menu links, etc that you'd like

No difference, same result, it's built in with IPS so it'd 100% supported, plus no bugs - at least not yet.

Enjoy :)

Several reasons I didn't do that:

1) The forum has custom CSS icons above each link, that are unique to each link, etc.

2) For whatever reason you can't set a specific forum link as a navbar links. So if I want "Home, Forum 1, Forum 2, Bookmarks" as my navbar I can't do that.

On 2/8/2016 at 10:33 PM, Morisato said:

I'm willing to bet that he didn't try recaching his forum software or deleting his browser cache.

I have browser cache disabled permanently. That's irrelevant regardless, as it has nothing to do with caches. There's no menu, so it adds itself.

On 2/9/2016 at 8:21 AM, AaronP said:

Several reasons I didn't do that:

1) The forum has custom CSS icons above each link, that are unique to each link, etc.

2) For whatever reason you can't set a specific forum link as a navbar links. So if I want "Home, Forum 1, Forum 2, Bookmarks" as my navbar I can't do that.

I have browser cache disabled permanently. That's irrelevant regardless, as it has nothing to do with caches. There's no menu, so it adds itself.

Hello @AaronP,

Actually, you can do this. Use "external link" option for each menu and you can point that menu item to whatever url you'd like. Take a look at my website menu bars for example, which I use Menu Manager - www.projectgaming.net/community

Why not give it a try, other than the menu icons?

On 2/8/2016 at 9:01 PM, AaronP said:

Super annoying menu manager bug:

I remove the all of the menus from the Menu manager (I'm using a custom navbar and don't want anything from IPS's menu manager there). So I delete both menus/their children menus. "Publish this menu".

Then, I wake up the next morning, and the menu is back. Again, I have to go in and delete the menu. I also notice upon updating the Forum application it automatically adds the default menus even though I deleted them.

If wanting to remove the menu's then try using css ... in custom.css add:

nav {
    display: none;
}

On 2/9/2016 at 10:54 AM, Kevin 7 said:

Hello @AaronP,

Actually, you can do this. Use "external link" option for each menu and you can point that menu item to whatever url you'd like. Take a look at my website menu bars for example, which I use Menu Manager - www.projectgaming.net/community

Why not give it a try, other than the menu icons?

I tried that and it turned my links to look something like this if I remember right:

http://mydomain.com/index.php/mydomain.com/index.php?=forumblah blah blah - so it was like appending a redirect onto my domain. I simply wanted it to be a clean url like "/pictures/ but it demanded I have an actual URL In the box.

It also doesn't allow for custom CSS rules so therefor the icon issue is still present.

I ended up removing all the "Navbar" related template calls in the template leaving just my custom navbar.

On 2/9/2016 at 7:28 PM, AaronP said:

I tried that and it turned my links to look something like this if I remember right:

http://mydomain.com/index.php/mydomain.com/index.php?=forumblah blah blah - so it was like appending a redirect onto my domain. I simply wanted it to be a clean url like "/pictures/ but it demanded I have an actual URL In the box.

It also doesn't allow for custom CSS rules so therefor the icon issue is still present.

I ended up removing all the "Navbar" related template calls in the template leaving just my custom navbar.

Glad you got it all sorted :)

Archived