Deleted Posts / Topics

TIPF

No, Deleted Content is gone forever.

I recommend visiting AdminCP -> Members -> Staff -> Moderators and selecting appropriate moderator group(s) and make sure that their ability to delete topics, comments, status updates, files, images, etc, are all toggled OFF. Save this ability for yourself and trusted co-admins of yours.

There's no need to delete anything. The HIDE content button is just as good, looks the same to the average user, and can be unhidden later if desired.

A very comprehensive reply, much appreciated.

I've a moderator that's deleted a topic that shouldn't have been, gutted I can't get it back. :sad:

Is there any way I can prevent a mod from deleting in a specific forum or is the permission forum wide?

17 minutes ago, TIPF said:

Is there any way I prevent a mod from deleting in a specific forum or is the permission forum wide?

Hmmmmm..... good question. It might be possible jumping though some member-groups hoops, lol. Normally....

When you visit AdminCP -> Members -> Staff -> Moderators  you can add moderators either one member at a time, or add an entire member group (everyone in this member group will have the same permissions then).

Select the group/person you want to edit permissions for, and click on the FORUM tab. You can make him/them moderator of all the forums, or of a specific forum only. 

Right below this is a toggle switch for "Can delete topics/questions?" - toggle it OFF and he can no longer delete a topic ever again.

... BUT.....

You might be able to create 2 member groups....

1) Mods of everything but protected forum

2) Mods of protected forum.

Group 1 can be given moderator permissions, including Delete powers, of all but the protected forum (under the Forum tab, uncheck "all" and then check off all the appropriate forums).

Group 2 can be given moderator permissions, but NO Delete powers, of ONLY the protected forum (under the Forum tab, uncheck "all" and then check off the protected forum, and toggle his delete powers OFF).

Then you'll have to visit AdminCP -> Members -> Groups and click the headcount of the moderator member-group to see a list of just your moderators, and then edit each one so that their primary group is Mod Group 1, and their secondary group is Mod Group 2.

Now these individuals have the combined powers of both groups. They will have Delete power everywhere except in the protected forum.

^ IN THEORY, of course, because I haven't tested this, lol.

Archived