Pages - show images in article preview.

Tyranade

7 hours ago, opentype said:

You need to activate the Record Image field for that database and upload the image there. 

I have done that and it only makes a REALLY tiny image in the corner that can not be brought to full size once clicked on which is why I want the article preview to actually show any images in the article.

c01c75120f.png

See if I click on the image it does not expand into the full size picture hence why I want to upload the image as an attachment, put it in the article and have any images in the article show up in the preview on the front page.

5 minutes ago, Tyranade said:

See if I click on the image it does not expand into the full size picture.

Sure. It’s a teaser image in a thumbnail size like it’s typically done on article overview pages on thousands of websites. You would have to change the listing template to exchange the preview block with the full article content, which then also would contain images or other embedded content. But that leads to all sort of other problems. I wouldn’t really recommend it. 

6 minutes ago, opentype said:

Sure. It’s a teaser image in a thumbnail size like it’s typically done on article overview pages on thousands of websites. You would have to change the listing template to exchange the preview block with the full article content, which then also would contain images or other embedded content. But that leads to all sort of other problems. I wouldn’t really recommend it. 

What about not using a teaser image and just making any pictures that i put in the article show up in the preview along with the text?

17 minutes ago, opentype said:

I already answered that. 

OH sorry I thought the other part of what you was talking about was still relating to the preview image. My bad. Thanks for your help. It is greatly appreciated. Last time I used IPB was version 1 so I am VERY behind!

Archived