Set default ACP theme

Morrigan

I think it would be awesome to be able to set a default ACP theme. There are a few reasons for this:

1. Some skins aren't built to change the ACP so the ACP landing page can look awful or hard to read.
  2. When you run through the support tool it resets your ACP choice so that you have to put it back on the preferred ACP theme (more tedious than anything).
  3. I would like that others that have access to my ACP use a theme that I choose by default as they may not know to change it.
  4. I just think it would be awesome.

Thank you for all you do!!

• 2 months later...
On 12/31/2015 at 11:06 AM, Morrigan said:

I think it would be awesome to be able to set a default ACP theme. There are a few reasons for this:

1. Some skins aren't built to change the ACP so the ACP landing page can look awful or hard to read.
  2. When you run through the support tool it resets your ACP choice so that you have to put it back on the preferred ACP theme (more tedious than anything).
  3. I would like that others that have access to my ACP use a theme that I choose by default as they may not know to change it.
  4. I just think it would be awesome.

Thank you for all you do!!

Yes!

Thought is was a bug, had posted it here.

Was referred to a bug where the answer was "You can set a separate ACP theme if you prefer by clicking the "Signed in as X" menu at the top"

To which I posted basically what you suggested:

That's an odd setting, it's per admin so if you have weird colors by default, every admin has to change it, and you have to tell them how to change, as "signed in as" doesn't even look like a menu or a place where you'd expect it. Not intuitive at all.

Why can't there be an acp choice that can be set as default instead of using the site default unless changed by user? Then let them change if they want (or not).

So now I officially suggest this, thanks. :)

Archived