Banned Everyone?

Izaya Orihara

Our upgrade to IPB4.1(from Xenforo to IPB3.4.8 to IPB4.1.4) finds everyone from me(and several of the staff) being banned with an error message. Saying you have been banned from this community. I looked in the ACP and absolutely none of us are banned.

Then we find ourselves unable to edit profile and it is just a mess. Any clue why everyone is being autobanned randomly.

Ptms2Fi.jpg

6 hours ago, eGullet said:

We had the same problem: the group that all site managers were in was deleted, and we were all banned. It turns out that even when banned, you can access the ACP directly by typing in the URL, and then you can adjust your ban settings.

Is there a reason why you guys were all banned though? Like the cause?

19 minutes ago, eGullet said:

Invision's theory is that sometime in the distant past the group ID that was the "manager" group was the "banned" group: when the upgrade happened and it tried to delete the banned group, it really deleted the manager group.

I don't know why Invision even opted to force delete the banned usergroup anyhow. They should have given us the option to keep it at the very least. If they didn't just delete it then people wouldn't be having the issues they're having in this thread.

Archived