Remove group title

Square Wheels

35 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

How can I remove the group title from displaying on the forum posts?  Instead of editing the actual template, can I do something in custom.css?  It's the part highlighted in red.

group.png.7c345b32119283c023940ef56a1480

Thanks

there are 2 ways

one way will also remove the 'pips' above the photo (which you do not have in your screenie so not much point in using)

the other way would mean making sure every group a color (admin is usually red) in the admincp >> member groups

then just add the following in custom.css

.cAuthorPane_info span[style*="color"] {
  display: none;
}

I think I found it in the template:

<li>{expression="\IPS\Member\Group::load( $comment->author()->member_group_id )->formattedName" raw="true"}</li>

I don't know how to hide it with custom.css though.  I commented it out and it went away, but with each upgrade that would need to be redone for every theme.

You are removing white text which doesn't exist within the span style, what is the font colour used for the usergroup?

I get your style font as 525252, you can check this within the ACP. It actually "appears" that you may not have a font style colour associated to these groups?

Members / Groups

cdab48890257c04961fb43f2df11e3af.png

.cAuthorPane_info span[style*="red"] {
}

If you have no colour associated to admin, try change the colour to red and change the code to above, that should then remove it, you would need to do this for each group  (keep them all the same colour say #000 and that will only remove font in that colour).

<span style='color:red'></span>

14 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Thanks.  I took the red color out because I don't like drawing attention to member groups.

I tried this, but it didn't seem to work.  I checked to make sure the Members group was black.

.cAuthorPane_info span[style*="FFFFFF"] {
}

That is not the code I posted  ... use the exact code I posted (do not replace the word color with a color) ... exactly as I typed

2 hours ago, steve00 said:

That is not the code I posted  ... use the exact code I posted (do not replace the word color with a color) ... exactly as I typed

You are correct.  I thought when I saw FFFFFF that was the color defined.

When I made your edit, it worked.

There are too many other places that the member title displays, and it seems to best to just leave it alone as the other places it does not look good if I change the color, even to black.  For instance, by default it displays black in the post, but white in the hover card.  If I set the color, it displays that color everywhere.

I appreciate the help, but I will revert it back to the stock look.

Archived