Is it possible to block a follower?

kar3n2

I was just wondering if it mught be possible to stop somebody following you. I know you can check to stop "everyone" following you but can it be done with just one member?

I guess its a bit of a strange question really becasue if you block a person on twitter or facebook they cannot see any of your posts. Whereas on a forum they can still see all of your posts.

hmm   any thought on the matter would be helpful thanks

1 minute ago, CalvinK said:

You can ignore a user - although I don't know whether that would prevent them from still seeing your posts.

where do you do that?? 

aw just seen it in the dropdown under your name... you add the ignored users name    brilliant thanks

so Im tryng to understand what the point is of ignoring a user. I mean if you are active in certain threads or reading them, you will still his/her input ......

On the other hand ( becasue mine is a site about making and meeting new freinds on outdoors events) I was thinking , although i hope t doesnt happen, that someone might get what is commonly called " a stalker" ( god forbid but stuff happens eh) ... therefore it would be good to block him/her from following you around.

Maybe its one of those things I have to make my members aware of and to use due diligence in wHat they say or do. Also IF a member becomes a nuisance then there is always banning isnt there?

Just now, Adriano Faria said:

It's an idea for a plugin.

yes it is a great idea for a plugin...   it all adds to online privacy and prevents those awful "stalkers".   I knw I wouldnt like to keep adding my name to attend an event if I was being stalked by some weirdo who just put his name to all the events as well. so if he couldnt see my name on that event it would be a good thing. Thats just an example how any memebr might refrain from either adding an event or RSVP to attend cos the wierdo is going too!  

Archived