Gallery image size limits

Lukeroge

As far as I can tell there is no working system for limiting or downsizing images that users upload to the gallery. I've set limits in both the gallery and posting sections of the admin panel and it is still saving full-size user images which are going to cause me to run out of storage a lot faster than I otherwise would. We need controls for user image uploads, detailed ones that allow us to specify max size stored, and max resolution stored (the script should be able to reformat and downsize images before storing them, and discard oversize originals). Thanks.

• 5 weeks later...

I just noticed that I can't find where to limit (for the gallery) by a total amount (size) quota or set the maximum file size to force anything over that to be resized.  I've never seen a gallery that won't do it.  Kind of stoopid if you ask me.  I guess everybody has unlimited resources to provide unlimited storage capacity or nobody has to pay for it. 

The only thing I can think of, is if the image is larger than the large setting it will resize it?  But that still doesn't address the total size quota for a member.

Screen-Shot-2015-08-26-at-4.01.15-AM.thu

I just noticed that I can't find where to limit (for the gallery) by a total amount (size) quota or set the maximum file size to force anything over that to be resized.  I've never seen a gallery that won't do it.  Kind of stoopid if you ask me.  I guess everybody has unlimited resources to provide unlimited storage capacity or nobody has to pay for it. 

The only thing I can think of, is if the image is larger than the large setting it will resize it?  But that still doesn't address the total size quota for a member.

Screen-Shot-2015-08-26-at-4.01.15-AM.thu

Yup! This is a MASSIVE oversight, not having any real useful file size controls other then a basic upload limit.

Archived