Where is the UTF-8mb4 converter?

chilihead

/admin/convertutf8

Make sure you do it on a database backup, not live site. It will lock your tables, etc. The conversion took me 4 days with 12 million posts.

If your board is large use command line version, and run it behind "screen" command to be safe. So if you get disconnected it will be running in the background and you can rejoin it with screen -rs.

I was trying to make the upgrade simple lol. If the standalone converter does not exist as a download I guess I'll do it during the upgrade later on. However I'd really like to do it before as step 1 can be taken care of now. I probably won't upgrade for a month or so. 

I was trying to make the upgrade simple lol. If the standalone converter does not exist as a download I guess I'll do it during the upgrade later on. However I'd really like to do it before as step 1 can be taken care of now. I probably won't upgrade for a month or so. 

UTF8MB4 requires MySQL 5.5 or higher, the converter only shows the utf8mb4 option if that condition is met

Okay so I can download that one. My MySQL is compatible. You can confirm this is for mb4?

I was going by the description on the page didn't DL yet. This tool will convert your IP.Board 3.x database to UTF8 (with a collation of utf8_unicode_ci).

You should be able to select utf8mb4 if your server supports it.

Okay so I can download that one. My MySQL is compatible. You can confirm this is for mb4?

I was going by the description on the page didn't DL yet. This tool will convert your IP.Board 3.x database to UTF8 (with a collation of utf8_unicode_ci).

The description is outdated. They added utf8mb4 as an option after some of the first versions of the converter.

Archived