How is the search working for you?

JEFF MACK

My members do not have very good luck with the built in search, I am looking to see if possibly we are doing something wrong.  Are you able to easily find what you are looking for?  Can you search by topics successfully?  This was another post I got today.

I also noticed the Advanced Search isn't working as advertised.  The past couple days I've tried to filter on "Topic" and it just doesn't work.  It gives full results and the result is generated by items found in the post body, not including the topic.

My members do not have very good luck with the built in search, I am looking to see if possibly we are doing something wrong.  Are you able to easily find what you are looking for?  Can you search by topics successfully?  This was another post I got today.

Working horrible.  I'm using Sphinx, and in my testing, I have a bunch of posts with the word 'nostrud' in them.  If I search for the full term (nostrud) it returns results.  If I search for nostru, zero results.  If I search for nostru*, zero results, and so on.  I have not tried it without Sphinx.

I'm not sure if I have something mis-configured, I don't think so, I just think search is as broke as the US Government.  I'm sure it is a setting in Sphinx, but the lack of documentation on integration with IPB is frustrating.

[Wed Jun 24 22:34:42.044 2015] 0.000 sec 0.000 sec [ext2/1/ext 59 (0,25)] [ipbips] ( @(index_title,index_content) nostrud )
[Wed Jun 24 22:34:50.701 2015] 0.000 sec 0.000 sec [ext2/1/ext 0 (0,25)] [ipbips] ( @(index_title,index_content) nostru* )
[Wed Jun 24 22:35:16.972 2015] 0.000 sec 0.000 sec [ext2/1/ext 0 (0,25)] [ipbips] ( @(index_title,index_content) nostru )

Archived