Auto Reply to PMs

This plugin will allow users to set up an automatic reply to personal conversation when they're not available. A new option will be added on Account Settings to users from selected groups. They will be able to enable the auto reply and type the auto reply content. Users with this feature enabled will view a global message warning about the auto reply and will show a link to disable it.

Settings (Admin CP):

• Groups allowed to use this feature

Settings (per user on Account Settings):

• Enable Auto Reply
  • Auto reply content

Note:

• Due to the rework on plugin (every new resource has to be done from the scratch to run on  IPS4), a new purchase is required. Thank you for your understanding.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 5/14/2017 at 3:45 PM, Steroid said:

Hello, can you make so it would be possible to dismiss warning, that auto pm enabled? It's really annoying, would leave 5 stars :). Thanks!

On 7/11/2017 at 5:02 AM, gavpedz said:

Yes please remove the warning. Also would be good if the auto reply triggered the notification system so the user knows there is a reply. 

39 minutes ago, Trent Hensler said:

Yes please remove the warning

I’ll add a setting to display or not the warning tomorrow. 

On 6/11/2019 at 1:54 PM, Adriano Faria said:

What's New in Version 2.1.0:

• Adds a setting to display the glboal warning to the member about the Auto Reply to PM is enabled
  • Adds a setting to exempt groups from receiving the auto reply

Thanks for the update. I'm still seeing the notice though. I've attempted to log out, empty cache hard reload, and even a separate browser.

751650763_ScreenShot2019-06-19at10_13_34.thumb.png.0440e36070e45de1494d83b1a19dac7f.png1220913085_ScreenShot2019-06-19at10_14_05.thumb.png.597d146138f073d36a0de1df72a003bc.png

Would you mind adding a 30-60 second delay to the auto-response? As it stands since it sends the moment they submit the message it appears on page refresh of their PM. This makes the user navigate away from the page and never know there was a reply to the PM until they go to check it again. The delay would at least trigger the notification system.

5 hours ago, Trent Hensler said:

I'm still seeing the notice though

I'll retest it.

21 minutes ago, Morrigan said:

Would you mind adding a 30-60 second delay to the auto-response? As it stands since it sends the moment they submit the message it appears on page refresh of their PM. This makes the user navigate away from the page and never know there was a reply to the PM until they go to check it again. The delay would at least trigger the notification system.

Not sure that will work. Will take a look.

On 6/19/2019 at 12:15 PM, Trent Hensler said:

I'm still seeing the notice though.

Can't reproduce in 3 boards I just tested (dev board, my online board and another online board I support, which I've just made a screen video):

On 6/19/2019 at 12:15 PM, Trent Hensler said:

I've attempted to log out, empty cache hard reload, and even a separate browser. 

Did you run the support tool on ACP to clean the data store files (board cache)? Hard refresh or cookies is for the browser itself.

Run the support tool then try again. If still insists, then you will have to uninstall and reinstall it.

On 6/19/2019 at 5:13 PM, Morrigan said:

I didn't even try that.... but now the member who sent the PM will receive the notification saying he got a reply in the PM:

It0PYmG.png

• 1 year later...

Thank you for this great plugin - it's really helpful!

I've been told that the auto-reply is sending out double emails to the recipient of my auto-reply. Is there something I could have done wrong, or could you please see if there could be any reason on the code side? 🙂

Kind regards,

Ken

On 12/16/2020 at 11:05 AM, Adriano Faria said:

You mean they’re receiving the auto reply twice? A few users? All of them?

Hi, sorry for the delayed reply. This information is based on feedback from one user, based on a few of these double-replies that he has received.

I haven't had the time to look into this further and it is not by any means a big issue, but I figured I'd share it with you. The same user does not get the double email when I reply to a PM myself.

23 hours ago, KenuFHR said:

Hi, sorry for the delayed reply. This information is based on feedback from one user, based on a few of these double-replies that he has received.

I haven't had the time to look into this further and it is not by any means a big issue, but I figured I'd share it with you. The same user does not get the double email when I reply to a PM myself.

I'll try to reproduce. 👍