Videos Support

• 1 month later...
On 11/17/2022 at 3:16 AM, PSMP Klub Malawi said:

Hi. I got information from users that the buttons at the bottom of the videos are unclickable. At least not entirely. You can click at the very bottom of the button.

Thanks for reporting, I have confirmed this as a bug and will have a fix next update.

On 11/28/2022 at 12:03 PM, HDiddy said:

@Michael.J Is there a way to convert the Videos App bought from the DevFuse site to the one in the marketplace without loosing all my settings and data?

You will need to contact IPS and ask them to update from a custom app into a marketplace purchase. IPS no longer allow me to add purchases manually, so you will need to purchase a new license from the marketplace. (I disagree with IPS decision regarding this)

• 1 month later...

Hello Michael, im getting an error in Videos , the app has been installed for years and has always worked fine, I have had some problems with my host lately so I wouldn't be surprised if that is the issue.

happens after the add video page after clicking on submit

Thankyou

Something went wrong. Please try again.

This error was probably caused by application Videos.
If the issue persists, disable it and contact the author for further assistance.

INSERT INTO `videos_videos` ( `date`, `last_updated`, `video_author_id`, `cid`, `video_status`, `views`, `featured`, `num_comments`, `title`, `seo_title`, `description`, `video_type`, `thumbnail_type`, `video_data`, `extra_videos` ) VALUES ( 1677296805, 1677296805, 1, 4, 1, 0, 0, 0, 'Hilux N70 LT2 lane change Swerve Test for High lift LS8 & LS10', 'hilux-n70-lt2-lane-change-swerve-test-for-high-lift-ls8-ls10', NULL, 'media_url', 0, 'https://www.youtube.com/watchNULLv=fZPEn1Ic2Jo', ? )
IPS\Db\Exception: Field 'videos_extra_cached' doesn't have a default value (1364)
#0 /home/cccc3421/public_html/system/Db/Db.php(941): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery()
#1 /home/cccc3421/public_html/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(487): IPS\_Db->insert()
#2 /home/cccc3421/public_html/system/Content/Item.php(576): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord->save()
#3 /home/cccc3421/public_html/applications/videos/sources/Video/Video.php(781): IPS\Content\_Item->processForm()
#4 /home/cccc3421/public_html/system/Content/Item.php(413): IPS\videos\_Video->processForm()
#5 /home/cccc3421/public_html/system/Content/Item.php(143): IPS\Content\_Item::createFromForm()
#6 /home/cccc3421/public_html/applications/videos/modules/front/videos/submit.php(242): IPS\Content\_Item::create()
#7 /home/cccc3421/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(107): IPS\videos\modules\front\videos\_submit->submit()
#8 /home/cccc3421/public_html/applications/videos/modules/front/videos/submit.php(31): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#9 /home/cccc3421/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\videos\modules\front\videos\_submit->execute()
#10 /home/cccc3421/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#11 {main}

Right - I have a Youtube API key and copied that in the settings. 

When trying to add a video from youtube I'm copying and pasting the full url from the address bar. Is the Oembed url something different? When I save the newly added video it says "Video embed failed."

Is there a step by step guide to using this app? 

Just an update on this ... In the category view I can see a thumbnail for the video I've added, so that is working. But when I click on the video thumbnail it takes me to the video page and there it says the embed code failed. I can see the text link to the video, but no video player or thumbnail. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2023 at 2:52 PM, Mark Dewhurst said:

Hello Michael, im getting an error in Videos , the app has been installed for years and has always worked fine, I have had some problems with my host lately so I wouldn't be surprised if that is the issue.

I've replied to your PM now, will need admin login details to patch.

On 4/1/2023 at 1:26 AM, Etienne Ammerdorffer said:

Hi, today I've updated my software version to the latest. I'm unable to reactivate the videos application. What would be the solution @Michael.J?

What version of the Videos app are you using? The latest version should support the latest IPB and PHP 8 as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I have fixed it

After waiting 9 weeks for support I have researched MySQL databases and it ended up being a easy fix.

One line in the error was IPS\Db\Exception: Field 'videos_extra_cached' doesn't have a default value (1364)

I am posting the solution in case anyone else has this issue.

somewhere I think at version 3.5.3 the field videos_extra_cached default value cant be set to none

I have had this application since 2012 and updated to 3.1.7 in 2015 and then each update since

so I don't know if it is because it is an old install or why the default was set incorrectly

inside the PhpMyadmin

I set videos_extra_cached - default to NULL, saved it to see what would happen and the problem is fixed.

Could contain: Page, Text, File

Could contain: File, Page, Text, Webpage

On 5/2/2023 at 12:05 AM, FM Graphics said:

Is it possible to change the 'Videos' name to appear as something else on the menu? i.e. FMG TV

Is it possible to allow members to create their own category or channel?

Yes all language used in the Videos application is covered in the language manager. So if you change __app_videos or frontnavigation_videos that will change the title and menu tab for you.

No sorry, only admins can create categories.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm getting this error message

TypeError: implode(): Argument #2 ($array) must be of type ?array, string given (0) #0 /home/public_html/applications/videos/modules/admin/videos/settings.php(156): implode(',', 'gif,jpg,jpeg,pn...') #1 /home/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(118): IPS\videos\modules\admin\videos\_settings->manage() #2 /home/public_html/applications/videos/modules/admin/videos/settings.php(30): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute() #3 /home/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\videos\modules\admin\videos\_settings->execute() #4 /home/public_html/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run() #5 {main}

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2023 at 10:02 PM, Mark Dewhurst said:

I have fixed it

After waiting 9 weeks for support I have researched MySQL databases and it ended up being a easy fix.

One line in the error was IPS\Db\Exception: Field 'videos_extra_cached' doesn't have a default value (1364)

I am posting the solution in case anyone else has this issue.

somewhere I think at version 3.5.3 the field videos_extra_cached default value cant be set to none

I have had this application since 2012 and updated to 3.1.7 in 2015 and then each update since

so I don't know if it is because it is an old install or why the default was set incorrectly

inside the PhpMyadmin

I set videos_extra_cached - default to NULL, saved it to see what would happen and the problem is fixed.

Could contain: Page, Text, File

Could contain: File, Page, Text, Webpage

I am having the same problem. I checked my DB, and mine don't even have the videos_extra_cached column. I added it myself under the extra_videos_cached row, copied the settings, but I am still getting the error when trying to post a video. Could I please get some help with this @Michael.J

12 minutes ago, SC36DC said:

I am having the same problem. I checked my DB, and mine don't even have the videos_extra_cached column. I added it myself under the extra_videos_cached row, copied the settings, but I am still getting the error when trying to post a video. Could I please get some help with this @Michael.J

RESOLVED:

After looking into the error, I went into settings and saw in the Thumbnails & Uploads section, for Maximum thumbnail dimensions and Standard thumbnail dimensions settings, there was only the second number field that had a number in it. I deleted that, saved it, and was able to post a video again on the forum.