Pages comments order

Excalibur

how can i change it so page comments are listed newest first with the new comment box above it, instead of being required to scroll down to the bottom to type a new comment / see the latest comments?

​.

that will be a big change .. probably overwriting/new PHP class functions in a custom plugin, to get the sort order reversed ..

because in the template for comments it looks like this ..

{{foreach $record->comments() as $comment}}

Not much of a choice to reverse comment/id/numbering/etc ..

There are a few questions out there to do this within forums, but no solutions yet ..

So, if you can't do the first edit then the second one (moving the editor to the top) makes not much sense I think  :)  (that would be only a template tweak)

​.

that will be a big change .. probably overwriting/new PHP class functions in a custom plugin, to get the sort order reversed ..

because in the template for comments it looks like this ..

{{foreach $record->comments() as $comment}}

Not much of a choice to reverse comment/id/numbering/etc ..

There are a few questions out there to do this within forums, but no solutions yet ..

So, if you can't do the first edit then the second one (moving the editor to the top) makes not much sense I think  :)  (that would be only a template tweak)

​Thanks for the explanation, but wow why does something that seems like it should be a pretty simple tweak have to be so complicated to accomplish?

​Thanks for the explanation, but wow why does something that seems like it should be a pretty simple tweak have to be so complicated to accomplish?

​.

The reversed post/comment order is something that should be in there as a default (member setting, like other boards have)  .. but not too many use this, so I guess IPS team skipped coding it .. it shouldn't be that difficult (time and effort) and a template tweak .. if nobody else find a way .. I will  :)  .. didn't start with the plugin structures yet ..

​.

The reversed post/comment order is something that should be in there as a default (member setting, like other boards have)  .. but not too many use this, so I guess IPS team skipped coding it .. it shouldn't be that difficult (time and effort) and a template tweak .. if nobody else find a way .. I will  :)  .. didn't start with the plugin structures yet ..

​Agreed, that or let us have the option for each database, thanks, hopefully you or someone else will find a way, it may not be something everyone would use but i know i would use it.

Archived