3.4.8 Slow Posts

Songstuff

Hi

I have had complaints from a number of members of duplicate topics being created (My guess is they are hitting submit a second time as posts take a while) and an eternal progress bar on topic replies. I have noticed this myself twice when using the quick reply box.

Is anyone else seeing this? Any ideas?

After reports of this I re-uploaded all 3.4.8 files, rebuilt text and templates, and rebuilt cache. The problem did not disappear.

Cheers

John

Check your email settings - I found that the port settings on my board changed after the upgrade, resulting in a perceived delay in posting. Post worked fine, just the redirect took time as the email sending needed to time out - end result with some users was they were hitting refresh and answering in the affirmative when their browser asked if they wanted to submit again.

HI

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Nathan. It is the email notifications, but the port number hasn't changed. I am using Amazon SES and the port number is the same as it was before. I checked the email error log and it simply says that it could not connect to the SMTP mail.

I will go through and debug. I am hoping it is an easy fix!

Cheers

John

Archived