Creating a database and outputting records

lactsl

Hi,

I would like to create a system which allows a member to create a resume by filling out a form. I think IP Content allows you to build a database which users can add records to.

I want to create a form that they enter all of their resume information into and this then creates a page for the user.

Ideally I'd then love to be able to download this into a formatted PDF - is this possible?

Maybe IP Content isn't the right tool to make this happen though, just looking for some advice.

I want to create a form that they enter all of their resume information into and this then creates a page for the user.

Sure, that is what IP.Content/Pages databases are all about. Creating database records, made up of fields the admin sets, which certain user groups than can fill out. 

Ideally I'd then love to be able to download this into a formatted PDF - is this possible?

​That is not possible with the stock software. 

Hi,

I would like to create a system which allows a member to create a resume by filling out a form. I think IP Content allows you to build a database which users can add records to.

Maybe IP Content isn't the right tool to make this happen though, just looking for some advice.

​.

It's true .. you can collect and show every data field needed (record)  ..

But having all those data and presenting it with a result will have to get you busy with some separate coding .. for starters a template (which it not that difficult) ..

The PDF is another matter .. that will be a custom javascript (easy to find on the web) and linking it to your data .. (may be a bit hectic .. I didn't see anyone doing this yet )

Archived