Guest View Limit on Databases Records

13 hours ago, Police Community said:

One slight issue - I have tested the plugin as a guest and it has locked me out as I would expect, the problem now is that when I sign in from the same IP I am still locked out as you can see in the screenshot - I am logged in and still can't access.

What's New in Version 1.0.1:

• IPS 4.1 compatibility
  • 2 years later...

@Adriano Faria thanks for another great application! 🙂

I could actually see this being used on a broader scale, not just for guests.  Have you thought about tailoring it to different user groups?  For example, guests get only X views of articles per day, but it would be great for some sites to allow, say, the Member group X views of VIP article database Y before being asked to upgrade their account to VIP, Donor, etc. etc.

This has a lot of potential I think.  Thanks again!

6 hours ago, liquidfractal said:

@Adriano Faria thanks for another great application! 🙂

I could actually see this being used on a broader scale, not just for guests.  Have you thought about tailoring it to different user groups?  For example, guests get only X views of articles per day, but it would be great for some sites to allow, say, the Member group X views of VIP article database Y before being asked to upgrade their account to VIP, Donor, etc. etc.

This has a lot of potential I think.  Thanks again!

I’ll give some thought to a new version. 👍

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
7 minutes ago, liquidfractal said:

So does this mean that some of your apps are becoming unsupported?

A few were. This, for example, had 21 purchases. Last download more than one year ago so I really don’t feel much attracted to work on it unless someone requests. Still there’s another resource much better in the marketplace for this matter (from Dawpi). Btw, this one was a custom and was developed because Dawpi because it took long to update his resource and someone sponsored it.

54 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

A few were. This, for example, had 21 purchases. Last download more than one year ago so I really don’t feel much attracted to work on it unless someone requests. Still there’s another resource much better in the marketplace for this matter (from Dawpi). Btw, this one was a custom and was developed because Dawpi because it took long to update his resource and someone sponsored it.

Ahh, OK.  I'm not sure if you've done this already, but it might help if you listed them as "unsupported" so that people like me can look at deleting them and looking for alternatives.  I know you have a huge list of stuff to update with every cycle, but it saves people asking you all the time too!

Come to think of it, I wonder if it wouldn't be a good idea to have a developer notification sent out to purchasers telling them that "App X will lose support after time X," like an EOL notice or something.  Lets people plan for the future of their site.