[JIMMO] MailChimp Sync

The Jimmo

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

My questions:

1. At the first use/start of the sync features, will all my users from the forum be transferred? And can I exclude different user groups, f.e. banned?
  2. What happens if a user account is deleted in the forum, will it also be deleted automatically from mailchimp?
  3. If a member cancels to receive mailchimp mails, is it possible to have some indication sign?
  4. Is it possible to opt out of mailchimp emails by user from the forumside?

Thx and regards

T

8 hours ago, Cyboman said:

Hi,

My questions:

1. At the first use/start of the sync features, will all my users from the forum be transferred? And can I exclude different user groups, f.e. banned?
  2. What happens if a user account is deleted in the forum, will it also be deleted automatically from mailchimp?
  3. If a member cancels to receive mailchimp mails, is it possible to have some indication sign?
  4. Is it possible to opt out of mailchimp emails by user from the forumside?

Thx and regards

T

1. No, this is not a tool to sync all users. This is a PRO feature
  2. If a user email address changes then it is changed in MailChimp.
  3. No, this is only 1 direction from your forum to MailChimp.
  4. Yes, if a user email address changes or their status of receiving "admin emails" changes then it will unsub or remove them according from your list.

Hi,

Thanks for the answer. My mistake, didn't notice this is the free and not the PRO version.

Addition to 1)

- So in PRO, it's possible to sync all users, like with a startup routine? 100000 and more at once to mailsync?

- and I can exclude user groups to be synced at this time? F.e. the already banned ex-member?

- what happens when a user will be banned or limited otherhow a later time to use the forum? They should also be excluded directly from the list. I think this is important.

And some other questions:

- does mailchimp sync also with the EU mailchimp service? "Safe harbor" has been cancelt by EU decisions, but there will be an allowed follow-up called "EU-US Privacy Shield".

- will there be a future feature to export emails to different mailchimp lists? F.e. to separate gender or on basis of age... I want to do emailmarketing with the list(s)

Thx & regards

T

37 minutes ago, Cyboman said:

Hi,

Thanks for the answer. My mistake, didn't notice this is the free and not the PRO version.

Addition to 1)

- So in PRO, it's possible to sync all users, like with a startup routine? 100000 and more at once to mailsync?

- and I can exclude user groups to be synced at this time? F.e. the already banned ex-member?

- what happens when a user will be banned or limited otherhow a later time to use the forum? They should also be excluded directly from the list. I think this is important.

And some other questions:

- does mailchimp sync also with the EU mailchimp service? "Safe harbor" has been cancelt by EU decisions, but there will be an allowed follow-up called "EU-US Privacy Shield".

- will there be a future feature to export emails to different mailchimp lists? F.e. to separate gender or on basis of age... I want to do emailmarketing with the list(s)

Thx & regards

T

1. Yes, you would be able to sync all members with running a file provided.
  2. You cannot exclude groups at this time, unfortunately.
  3. No action is taken. You would need to execute this manually.
  4. It uses the MailChimp API, if you're able to use the API you'll be fine.
  5. You can only sync to one list but you can sync 20 profile files with PRO so you can sync the gender or birthday field and segment your list on that.

Thanks,

I think the banned members could be a big problem. If a member is banned, he can't access his notification and email settings anymore. But instead, they receive advertisement at least once by email newsletter via mailchimp as everybody was synced regardless of his member groups. In big forums there might be thousands of banned members that won't act friendly if they receive advertisement years after being banned from the forum. This could end up in some legal wars...

One other view on a similar aspect: I would like to sell digital subscriptions with group promotions. And exactly this group should not receive any newsletters anymore. Please think about these options, there might be more monetarizing power with them.

I really like the mailchimp sync features already now and will follow-up any ongoing development.

Thanks. T

• 7 months later...
On 1/20/2016 at 9:31 PM, The Jimmo said:

Getting any errors in ACP -> System -> Support -> System Logs?

Same issue here with the free version: I filled in all 4 fields for the plugin (API key, path to API files, list ID and fieldID) and save. But when I click 'edit' for the plugin again, all fields are empty again.

The [Mailchimp Sync] button does show up at user profiles, and when I click it, I get the following error in my system log:

Error: Class 'chimp\Mailchimp' not found (0)
#0 [internal function]: IPS\core\modules\admin\members\hook75->mailchimp()
#1 /home/users/****/forum/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): call_user_func(Array)
#2 /home/users/****/forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#3 /home/users/****/forum/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#4 {main}

Please let me know what I can do to fix this. Am running IPS v4.1.14.3 on PHP 7.0.10. Also cleared the cache.
Thanks in advance!

On 9/9/2016 at 5:35 AM, Fifty50 said:

Same issue here with the free version: I filled in all 4 fields for the plugin (API key, path to API files, list ID and fieldID) and save. But when I click 'edit' for the plugin again, all fields are empty again.

The [Mailchimp Sync] button does show up at user profiles, and when I click it, I get the following error in my system log:

Error: Class 'chimp\Mailchimp' not found (0)
#0 [internal function]: IPS\core\modules\admin\members\hook75->mailchimp()
#1 /home/users/****/forum/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): call_user_func(Array)
#2 /home/users/****/forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#3 /home/users/****/forum/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#4 {main}

Please let me know what I can do to fix this. Am running IPS v4.1.14.3 on PHP 7.0.10. Also cleared the cache.
Thanks in advance!

You'll want to uninstall/reinstall as the setting must have had an issue. The second error is expected as you did not define it in settings.

On 9/12/2016 at 3:23 PM, The Jimmo said:

You'll want to uninstall/reinstall as the setting must have had an issue. The second error is expected as you did not define it in settings.

I just unstalled/reinstalled, but same result.

What might be an issue, is the following. My provider has very strict security policies on uploads and blocks files with php code in it, even XML files. The only workaround they've given me, is the info that they only check the first 4kb of each file, and so far I managed to install plugins by editing the XML and add 4kb of lorum ipsum comments in the file. I know, it sounds silly, but it's the only way I can make it work at this moment. Wish I would also be able to FTP files, then I didn't have this issue.

Could that be the problem here? At first sight it seems that it does install just fine, but maybe the 'lorum ipsum' comment is the cause? I did remove it afterwards from the php file in forum/plugins/jimmomailchimpsync/hooks ... Any other suggestions where to look or workaround?

PS: if you can help me out here I'd be more than happy to go for the PRO version.

On 9/14/2016 at 9:54 AM, Fifty50 said:

I just unstalled/reinstalled, but same result.

What might be an issue, is the following. My provider has very strict security policies on uploads and blocks files with php code in it, even XML files. The only workaround they've given me, is the info that they only check the first 4kb of each file, and so far I managed to install plugins by editing the XML and add 4kb of lorum ipsum comments in the file. I know, it sounds silly, but it's the only way I can make it work at this moment. Wish I would also be able to FTP files, then I didn't have this issue.

Could that be the problem here? At first sight it seems that it does install just fine, but maybe the 'lorum ipsum' comment is the cause? I did remove it afterwards from the php file in forum/plugins/jimmomailchimpsync/hooks ... Any other suggestions where to look or workaround?

PS: if you can help me out here I'd be more than happy to go for the PRO version.

Unfortunately, this seems to be an issue as everything needs to install properly and if something is missing or doesn't go as planned then it will result in the plugin not working correctly. If you plan to install a bunch of add-ons of IPS then this definitely cause issues for you so it would be my suggestion to investigate this with your host and find a solution that works for both of you.

I wish I could provide a set of files that would just be able to FTP but the truth is the whole XML solution is the install because the way the IPS system is developed. If one database setting is missing (which appears to be the issue) or corrupted from the XML file, this will cause the whole plugin to break.

• 2 years later...

Same issue here with the free version: I filled in all 4 fields for the plugin (API key, path to API files, list ID and fieldID) and save. But when I click 'edit' for the plugin again, all fields are empty again.

I reinstalled again. Same issue. I‘m on the cloud version  and I entered this path: /var/www/html/t283200/mailchimp-api/

I‘ve no clue which other path I sould enter there.

Thank you, kind regards

Reto

3 hours ago, Reto Bachofner said:

Same issue here with the free version: I filled in all 4 fields for the plugin (API key, path to API files, list ID and fieldID) and save. But when I click 'edit' for the plugin again, all fields are empty again.

I reinstalled again. Same issue. I‘m on the cloud version  and I entered this path: /var/www/html/t283200/mailchimp-api/

I‘ve no clue which other path I sould enter there.

Thank you, kind regards

Reto

The free version is not compatible with 4.3 or Cloud. You must use the Pro 4.3 version:

Archived