Dev Docs

John 3:16

Is there any dev docs, like how to create a hook, an example.  I am super none dev and need a hook that after registration sends off a few bits of the info to another script.  I am trying to find how to build a hook but the docs are no where to be found, well at least I have not found them. Any ideas?

Thanks IPSRussia, I found those earlier but no real example on how to do a hook.  Unless I am again missing something.  I am a marketer, not a dev so everything I do normally involves a hack lol.

http://community.invisionpower.com/4docs/advanced-usage/development/plugins-an-example-r72/

This... should cover it, is there anything in specific you are looking for?

Cool Marcher! That is a ton of good info there.

I am looking for how to hook into what happens after Registration.  I am use to being able to send a visitor to a thank you page but in IPS there is no such controls.  In this case I am ok sending them to the forum after registration but would like to hook into the registration and send some of their info to a external script.  The script is curl based and it's pretty simple but I have no idea where to put it so that it fires after the person registers.  The script is part of a dialer and the end user knows they will get a call, so that is what I am trying to accomplish.

Archived