Inconsistent UI

esquire

In some areas you drag and drop and you're done. Others, it's save and done. For example, I can click the "Notify me of Replies" button on the bottom of this post and it turns green and you're done. You try to do that in the Notifications Settings area and you think you're done - but you probably didn't realize you need to click the "Save" button at the bottom (below the fold) or else you lose all the settings you changed.

Drag and drop features in Pages are cool. But in the theme area you have to save changes that you've made or they are lost, which makes sense so that anything you mess up won't be saved. Try to do the same with Page Builder dragging and dropping blocks and that gets saved automatically. No save button - and no cancel or revert.

While it's usable in a release, I really think someone should start compiling the list of items that don't work consistently across the suite (and also in the back end.) I've only been able to know how to manage this through spending too much time with the RC.

Another example - looking at an application in the ACP  the padlock on the app is not the same as the padlock for the modules enclosed.

The first toggles the app (and enclosed items) on or off, or allows you to toggle Navigation visibility.

The padlock on the individual modules allows you to toggle group access.

Image_2015-03-15_at_6.15.46_PM.thumb.png

Another example - looking at an application in the ACP  the padlock on the app is not the same as the padlock for the modules enclosed.

The first toggles the app (and enclosed items) on or off, or allows you to toggle Navigation visibility.

The padlock on the individual modules allows you to toggle group access.

Image_2015-03-15_at_6.15.46_PM.thumb.png

If you toggle online/offline for the application padlock, it also allows you to define who can access (which is analogous to "who can access this app when it is offline" in 3.4).

Archived