Similar Topics ?

Durango

Hi

I remember many topics on the subject some months ago, we concluded that similar topics based on tags was not a good idea as nobody uses the tags, and similar topics based on title keywords was the good way

Has it been followed ?

If so, how can i show the similar topics at the end of the topics ?

Thanks for your help !

Hi

I remember many topics on the subject some months ago, we concluded that similar topics based on tags was not a good idea as nobody uses the tags, and similar topics based on title keywords was the good way

Has it been followed ?

If so, how can i show the similar topics at the end of the topics ?

Thanks for your help !

While I think a large portion of the user base relies on similar topics I would like to add that its a weaker system of identifying content than tagging.  It also assumes that your only content is forum topics, which I find to be a big flaw.  

I fully support similar content based on tagging.  And I support finding similar content from all sources.

It also assumes that your only content is forum topics, which I find to be a big flaw.  

​Hi

For us, Forum admins, forum topics are the only content yes of course, cant figure out why you find it to be a big flaw ?

All main forums i know rely on forum topics keywords to show similar topics

I agree with Sobrenome, is some want to use tags, no worries, but then the admins should have the option between tags & topic titles

Archived