IPB forum is bad for my overall SEO?

Hi there

I wonder if my IPB forum is bad for my overall SEO

I have a Word Press site with e.g. 200 Word press post/articles and growing. It’s on this part of the site I want to gain/keep my god SEO results.

I also run an IP. board within the same site
The board part has around 800-1000 new posts/day. This forum activity does create a lot of way to long titles/duplicate page title and so on. Right now I have about 4.433 title issues when I read my Google webmaster tools/SEO MOZ analyzes.

Does this hurt my overall SEO for the Word Press part?

If YES - does anyone have a solution, so I can avoid too long and duplicate page title on my board?
What do you guys do to maximize SEO friendliness for your board?

I be very glad some good suggestions. :)

Warmest regards

Ki

From what i've seen in my case, the SEO for IPB is not that good in comparison with WP. WP is highly optimized for SEO, while IPB 3.4.x is very unimpressive on that. Maybe this will change with 4.0, im up to see it. Now i don't believe it will hurt your WP site at all, it depends on the importance on the site map that you give to forum content. You have to give it less importance that your WP part.

Or maybe it's just google that does not consider foruns as a quality content source...

No. Don't worry about it. Having more content is far more valuable than satisfying some arbitrary criteria that change all the time.

What do you guys do to maximize SEO friendliness for your board?

Don't think too much of what's good for SEO. Think what's good for people. Then what's good for SEO comes naturally. If you have a ton of duplicate titles, it's probably bad to find/navigate through the stuff on your site as a human being. Tell your users to write more meaningful titles.

Archived