forum and messages dissapeared

duardito

HI,,

after upgrade to latest RC2:

1.- some general sections have dissapeared, only appears two sections while I have 7 sections.

2.-some subforums counter display zero messages while there are some messages.

Please, this is not a RC version, it is a beta version.

I do not recommend upgrade to this version, I am very dissapointed, waiting months to see this very buggy version.

EDIT:

I have seen this message in support forum:

1S111/1 Incorrect table definition; there can be only one auto column and it must be defined as a key

Got to be said, whilst some bugs are present, it has gone through 8 beta stages with many a bug reported and fixed and some that have resurfaced and so forth. However, no critical or high status bugs currently exist.

It's not very buggy, you are using the same version of forum here on IPS and it's working fine. The whole point of beta is to iron out the major and most of the minor bugs, the idea behind RC is to get the product as stable as possible & personally, I think it's pretty near as stable as can be expected.

If it's as buggy as you say it is and still in beta and not an RC version, then please raise a bug report regarding the bugs you have experienced. I notice you haven't logged a single bug in the IPS4 bug tracker and would recommend you log this bug.

Losing forums is a new one to me, have you double checked the permissions on them (I presume they are not visible front end, but are they visible admin side?). If the permissions are showing that the forums should be displayed, have you tried resaving the permissions on them?

If you know how; also check manually in your database tables. I can't completely remeber, but it should be in table named just forums or forums_forums in IPS 4.

Also file a bug report in the bug tracker here. Obviously if content do goes missing, it's very important to figure out the cause.

Losing forums is a new one to me, have you double checked the permissions on them (I presume they are not visible front end, but are they visible admin side?). If the permissions are showing that the forums should be displayed, have you tried resaving the permissions on them?

​yes, I reloaded all permissions again and nothing.

I will install again latest RC and I will show my problem.

Archived