RC Upgrades

xert77

Hi

I currently have RC1 installed on our website, I was just wondering if it's worth upgrading when each new RC comes out. Or whether it is easier to just wait for a couple of RC's to be released before upgrading.

It wouldn't cause a problem to go from RC1 to RC4 would it?

Also is there a place where we can see what changes have been made between each RC?

Thanks

I think its personal preference although I'd usually recommend upgrading to each version when it comes out, especially now its out of beta stage. :)

I do not see any issue though with the upgrader going from RC1 to RCx, ultimately it will go from as low as 3x to 4x anyway and "step through" each version.

Regarding changes, you could look through the bug tracker at items fixed in RC1 but I'm not immediately aware of a change log as such.

I think its personal preference although I'd usually recommend upgrading to each version when it comes out, especially now its out of beta stage. :)

I do not see any issue though with the upgrader going from RC1 to RCx, ultimately it will go from as low as 3x to 4x anyway and "step through" each version.

Regarding changes, you could look through the bug tracker at items fixed in RC1 but I'm not immediately aware of a change log as such.

How to upgrade? We need to upload all the files again and go to admin/upgrade?

Concerning change logs, usually those are available after it is fully-released.  Beta's and RC's have so many things going on and can be so fast paced at times detailing an exact list for each update can sometimes take more time than it is worth.  But like @AndyF says you can check the bug tracker for recently fixed bugs.  

​Awesome thanks, I think I will try and keep up with the updates then.

Concerning change logs, usually those are available after it is fully-released.  Beta's and RC's have so many things going on and can be so fast paced at times detailing an exact list for each update can sometimes take more time than it is worth.  But like @AndyF says you can check the bug tracker for recently fixed bugs.  

​I did think that there would be too much going on with updates to create changelogs so I will be sure to check the bug tracker, thanks.

​Yes.

However, you can get a customised (and much smaller) upgrade package through your ACP. Just go to System > Applications and check for updates.

​Awesome, I just did this & it was quick & easy! :)

Archived