Underlines in gallery

jcdesign

I´m very pleased with gallery 5.0.5 in IPS 3.4.7

Now when I tested the Beta 4, the gallery add underlines between every space in Title. The search engine could not find anything when I search in gallery because the underlines. Why are gallery adding underlines? Is there any way to remove this function?

If you upload a file that has no spaces in the name you get:

filename.jpg

You can then change that to whatever of course like:

This is my uploaded file

Both of the above work fine for searching, etc.

If you upload a file that has spaces in the name such as :

file name.jpg

It will appear in the title as:

file_name.jpg

There's your underscore in place of the space. You can of course edit it if you wanted to right then and there back to:

file name.jpg

What's probably happening is the original uploaded files need to have the spaces replaced for easier file management and parsing within the system. You *can* change this stuff in the title to whatever you want but on image upload it's pre-populating the title field with the underscored version of the file name. That might be able to be changed but I wouldn't hold my breath for it, at least not for 4.0. Maybe 4.1? Maybe...

I understand! In My site there is massive uploads about 14 000 images and the name must be exactly so search engine finds everything. I upload sometimes over 100 images in one time. I can't sit there rename or remove underlines. What happen When converting My livesites to ips4? Are all 14 000 images With underlines? 

Can anyone in ips staff answer this. 

Thank you!

Archived