Changing paths

pisaldi

Hi,

I have a problem with paths. I can't access to ACP and I need to change paths to arrange a problem I have which cause not to be able to access the site and ACP in a normal way, only text.

I have to change some incorrects paths and URLs.

Which file must I modify? Which row in which table must I modify?

I tried to change in "conf_settings" the row "upload_url" and "upload_dir" but continue without working, I accessed using phpMyAdmin.

Thanks

Hi,

I have a problem with paths. I can't access to ACP and I need to change paths to arrange a problem I have which cause not to be able to access the site and ACP in a normal way, only text.

I have to change some incorrects paths and URLs.

Which file must I modify? Which row in which table must I modify?

I tried to change in "conf_settings" the row "upload_url" and "upload_dir" but continue without working, I accessed using phpMyAdmin.

Thanks

​Yes, those two settings are correct. The new path must be writable.

Thanks for answering.

I've checked all permissions as indicated in https://www.invisionpower.com/support/guides/_/install-and-getting-started/installing-r18 and everything is correct...

The two settings using phpMyAdmin are correctly set.

I indicated that this was a bug and the answer was

This isn't because you had a custom theme - it's because you copied your live site over to test the upgrade, but failed to update the paths and URLs to your uploads directory first.  Subsequently, it wants to write to and read from your main site path rather than a path under "prueba...".

and I've checked all paths where I have indicated and they seem to be correct, so I don't kwnow what else to do...  :sad:

This might help you.

Basically I setup a test site of the main site (copying the directory and putting the directory contents into my test install directory). In MySQL, i copied the active database to a test install database (lets say 347-COPY), so you know you aren't working on the main site database. Then I changed the directory in config_global.php and then logged into the ACP and changed the upload paths.

I also uninstalled all 3rd party hooks and applications, then I proceeded with the upgrade to V4.

Archived