IP.Gallery IPB4

Bluto

I never purchased IP.Gallery.  But seeing it here on this forum makes me want to purchase it when IPB4 is finally released.

I honestly wish IP.Gallery would support more than just still images.  If IP.Gallery was "IP.Media" instead of "IP.Gallery" supporting video uploads and embedded videos from YouTube, etc... I would purchase it in a second.  I know there are some mods out there for adding a video section to the community but something as important as multimedia IMHO should be part of an IPS core product.

I have a forum which I could add a lot of videos from YouTube.  As it is now, I have to create a thread for each video (unless I would purchase the video portal mod).

I'm not an expert with IP.Gallery (don't own it) and maybe this has already been discussed on the forums... I haven't scanned the forums for posts about IP.Gallery.  I just thought since you were re-writing everything for IPB4 adding a multimedia element to IP.Gallery and maybe even changing the name to IP.Media would be something to consider.

Yeah, i am, but i dont belive IPS want to add this feature in Gallery.  
I've sold lots of my Photographs on my own private website, but with this in IP.Gallery, the addon will be the most wanted..

On my website there are aloooot of peoples who want to sell their images, and ofc i wanna earn abit to :P 

Yeah, i am, but i dont belive IPS want to add this feature in Gallery.  
I've sold lots of my Photographs on my own private website, but with this in IP.Gallery, the addon will be the most wanted.. 

​Good luck getting them to add that feature.  Honestly, it sounds complicated and I'm not sure a large majority of people would actually use it (I could be totally wrong).  Sounds like something for a mod creator to make.

Adding support for video uploads and embedded media I think a majority of the people who own IPB would use.  I would even love if I could add Vine, Instagram, etc to the IP.Gallery - I could have a whole site based around IP.Gallery.

Im not going to pay $500 for a mod, if i was a billionaire i probably buy IPS, but not a mod like that, way to expensive. Well, they always go for the majority of the clients that are already here, they should probably look forward in the future, not look at what already are there, like VB and those other platforms do, look strait down on the ground and dont wanna add features that will bring more peoples. Oh well.... 

But video are already a feature in IP.Gallery :P  But video are waaaay to heavy on a non extreme dedicated server with 1TB+ traffic/bandwidth, as videos takes ALOT of resources.. 

Im not going to pay $500 for a mod, if i was a billionaire i probably buy IPS, but not a mod like that, way to expensive. Well, they always go for the majority of the clients that are already here, they should probably look forward in the future, not look at what already are there, like VB and those other platforms do, look strait down on the ground and dont wanna add features that will bring more peoples. Oh well.... 

But video are already a feature in IP.Gallery :P  But video are waaaay to heavy on a non extreme dedicated server with 1TB+ traffic/bandwidth, as videos takes ALOT of resources.. 

I didn't even realize that you could add videos to IP.Gallery.  I guess it being called Gallery made me think it was only for images.  

My bad IPS for not reading all the information!

Though, can you embed video in Gallery?  Like I said, I don't own it.  Maybe adding support for Vine and Instagram if it doesn't already exist.

I wouldn't say they "look strait down on the ground and dont wanna add features that will bring more peoples."  That's kinda harsh.  They can't add every feature in the world to the core products... that's why there are mods.

But can you add external videos like YouTube videos?  Is this possible?

​I didn't see anything in the info on the main IPS site.  It just says: 

• Media support for movies & Flash

Honestly, embedded is what I'm looking for more than allowing people to upload videos.  Most people upload videos to YouTube of Vimeo anyway and probably wouldn't upload them to my site.  Having Embedded YouTube, Vimeo, Instagram, Soundcloud, and Vine would be the ones which would be the most popular.  After researching several scripts out there which a media based sharing scripts (I own a few), the aforementioned seem the most popular.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived