Jump to content

MySql 5.1 to MySql 5.5 to MariaDB10 (slooooow DB)

Recommended Posts

No problem before I upgraded mysql from 5.1 to 5.5 on my forum, but after I upgrade

I've more than 500ms and slow queries.

For Example this simple query:

UPDATE ibf_nexus_ads SET ad_clicks=? WHERE ad_id=?

sometimes take more of 3.000ms...


I now switch to MariaDB and convert some tables to innoDB and it's better of Mysql55 but not fast as Mysql51.

I try also to take another server and replicate the same settings and it's slow too.

I'm going crazy... any help?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

table_open_cache        = 20000
table_definition_cache  = 10000
tmp_table_size = 800M
max_heap_table_size = 3G

MySQL Version 10.0.14-MariaDB x86_64

Uptime = 1 days 9 hrs 48 min 45 sec
Avg. qps = 278
Total Questions = 33919567
Threads Connected = 4

Warning: Server has not been running for at least 48hrs.
It may not be safe to use these recommendations

To find out more information on how each of these
runtime variables effects performance visit:
Visit http://www.mysql.com/products/enterprise/advisors.html
for info about MySQL's Enterprise Monitoring and Advisory Service

The slow query log is NOT enabled.
Current long_query_time = 10.000000 sec.
You have 2254 out of 33919588 that take longer than 10.000000 sec. to complete
Your long_query_time seems to be fine

The binary update log is NOT enabled.
You will not be able to do point in time recovery
See http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/10.0/en/point-in-time-recovery.html

Current thread_cache_size = 16
Current threads_cached = 14
Current threads_per_sec = 0
Historic threads_per_sec = 0
Your thread_cache_size is fine

Current max_connections = 151
Current threads_connected = 3
Historic max_used_connections = 59
The number of used connections is 39% of the configured maximum.
Your max_connections variable seems to be fine.

No InnoDB Support Enabled!

Max Memory Ever Allocated : 8.30 G
Configured Max Per-thread Buffers : 419 M
Configured Max Global Buffers : 8.14 G
Configured Max Memory Limit : 8.55 G
Physical Memory : 62.94 G
Max memory limit seem to be within acceptable norms

Current MyISAM index space = 3.43 G
Current key_buffer_size = 8.00 G
Key cache miss rate is 1 : 2502
Key buffer free ratio = 76 %
Your key_buffer_size seems to be fine

Query cache is supported but not enabled
Perhaps you should set the query_cache_size

Current sort_buffer_size = 2 M
Current read_rnd_buffer_size = 256 K
Sort buffer seems to be fine

Current join_buffer_size = 132.00 K
You have had 90783 queries where a join could not use an index properly
You have had 8893 joins without keys that check for key usage after each row
You should enable "log-queries-not-using-indexes"
Then look for non indexed joins in the slow query log.
If you are unable to optimize your queries you may want to increase your
join_buffer_size to accommodate larger joins in one pass.

Note! This script will still suggest raising the join_buffer_size when
ANY joins not using indexes are found.

Current open_files_limit = 60000 files
The open_files_limit should typically be set to at least 2x-3x
that of table_cache if you have heavy MyISAM usage.
Your open_files_limit value seems to be fine

Current table_open_cache = 20000 tables
Current table_definition_cache = 10000 tables
You have a total of 4392 tables
You have 8705 open tables.
The table_cache value seems to be fine

Current max_heap_table_size = 3.00 G
Current tmp_table_size = 800 M
Of 803773 temp tables, 15% were created on disk
Created disk tmp tables ratio seems fine

Current read_buffer_size = 128 K
Current table scan ratio = 579 : 1
read_buffer_size seems to be fine

Current Lock Wait ratio = 1 : 263
You may benefit from selective use of InnoDB.
If you have long running SELECT's against MyISAM tables and perform
frequent updates consider setting 'low_priority_updates=1'
If you have a high concurrency of inserts on Dynamic row-length tables
consider setting 'concurrent_insert=ALWAYS'.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

After a night of test and optimization with ASTRAPI (Thanks) and installing zendopcache now I've this:


I think that I've some problem with this installation of IPB, I've opened a ticket this morning because

I notice that if I try to disable an hook (one random hook) it take many MINUTES to make the action (last time 15min) and in this meantime the site is unreachable.

I think this is something related to DB and this forum installation.

I notice also that some simple queries like:
SELECT * FROM ibf_nexus_ads WHERE ad_id=?
sometimes take more then 3.000ms to run.

The other IPB forum on the same server work well, without this problem.
DB is not corrupted and optimized, move some tables to innodb increase a bit the performance

but the problem persist.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes after a first face of optimization (not full) the server is working faster as InvisionHQ confirms but this problem with the current forum installation seems to be related to IPB forum and not to server side.... :smile:

From 850ms we go down to 550ms :)

It was a pleasure to help you :smile:


Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...