Restoring "Uploads" Folder

Earlier today, we attempted to install an app but must have done so incorrectly because it messed up the forum. So we tried deleting it but it looks like we might have accidentally deleted files in our public_html/uploads folder that is causing errors on the forum. We have a "full website backup" downloaded from cpanel but I'm not quite sure how to go about restoring the contents of the Uploads folder. It's the only folder that shows up as edited in the past day so I'm guessing this is where the errors are originating. Please help!

cPanel backups should just be gzipped tarballs as far as I know. Use a program such as 7zip to open the backup and look for the uploads folder somewhere in there, I don't remember where specifically data files are stored in cPanel backups. I believe full site backups contain archives inside of the archive for the data files and database though. If you can't find it, you can send me a copy of the backup and I can do it for you. (Just be aware that you're trusting me with a full backup of your forums database and data files.)

The uploads folder contains all of your forums avatars, uploaded post attachments and possibly more (depending on what apps/hooks you have installed).

Archived