Cloudflare Issue

I'm not sure if this was posted already, but I was having an issue with editing posts - primarily the OP of a thread. Basically, sometimes when I clicked to edit a post the BBcode would be absent and all the content in the post would turn into HTML. Other times, after editing a post, the post would save and display all HTML. This started happening when I started using Cloudflare. Now, this didn't happen all the time. I resorted to copying all the info in the post and pasting it into a blank file until I saved the modified post.

Anyway, I was trying to figure out what was causing the issue. Not that I found a solution which I could say, "this is the solution to the problem" but I figured it might have something to do with the settings I had in Cloudflare.

I went into the Cloudflare settings and under the Performance Tab unchecked auto minify JS. Once I did this, the problem seem to clear up. I still have CSS and HTML checked. But will uncheck those if I have the issue again.

If anyone else has had this issue or knows a concrete reason why this is happening, please let me know.

• 1 month later...

Archived