Community Forums Organization

William Santos

Hello,

I think you should have some moderators in all of Community Resources' forums, as almost all of them are completely disorganized.

So, why don't you have moderators that tag topics as answered when they are answered and as solved when they are solved, if the members which creates them doesn't do that? I spend a lot of time surfing in the Request Modifications forum and it haves a lot of topics which requests have been answered and the topics are still out there without any answered or solved tags...

It would be really helpful :)

I do mark some of the ones I see in the support area's as 'resolved' although the 'best answer' feature is mainly for the topic starter to use though on occasion I'll mark the appropriate post as such too.

I've not applied the same to the 'modification requests' area's though.

The "modification requests" forum is one of the most important, as the clients are able to request features they need and the developers to develop these features for them.

However, this is one of the most disorganized forums here. I think that a "filled up requests" forum would be necessary, and the ones which are already filled up should be move to that forum.

I'll take a look at it over the weekend although unless its obvious the 'request' has been filled there's not always a lot I can do.

This is quite similar to say when I reply to answer a support topic and sometimes the OP never posts back so I'm never sure if they went elsewhere to get an answer or if it worked and they just did not say / mark the topic. I don't mind that as I assume their issue was fixed otherwise they'd of returned to say so. :smile:

Just scanning through the majority of topics on the first page in Modification Requests, there were only two that I could be 100% sure were actually "solved" , the rest were either open or not really conclusive enough / different answers to mark them as such.

The 'Mark Solved' is for the OP really though imo for that forum.

Hello,

What about creating a junk category and moving topics which aren't answered for more than x time to there? Topics that are inactive for more than 1 month or 2, per example, in Modification Requests category, are probably not needed?

Thank you for your time

Hello,

What about creating a junk category and moving topics which aren't answered for more than x time to there? Topics that are inactive for more than 1 month or 2, per example, in Modification Requests category, are probably not needed?

Thank you for your time

This is not a good idea and could cause heat between members and staff. An example to this... Say you post a request and it goes unanswered for a period of time. 1 reason some that are reading it has no valuable answer while others have not read it yet. You bump it a few times and get aggravated waiting for an answer, but before it can be read or answered by those with the knowledge, the post gets canned... Now It can't be answered and you blame the moderator for not giving it enough time...

Some people will answer with a correct answer but there is no reply as Andy said but who is to know if the topic can be closed or marked resolved if there is no confirmation reply.

And the last that we have all seen many of times. Th op makes a post and never returns to the topic which I assume they had forgotten which forum they have posted in.

That's why I suggested 1 or 2 months. No one which really needs something will let their topic without answer for 2 months.

And if they really need it they can simply PM the moderators to re-move it again.

Anyway, you're the experts here. I would just love if it was more easy to surf in Modification Requests.

Archived