Personal Info about a member

Tsvi

Hey,
I have a suggestion for a feature that should be in IPB.. unless I'm mistaken, or there's a modification for that (because I didn't find it).
I think there's should be an option in ACP to leave comment about users I want. And so it'll be shown only to moderators.
Let's say for example some user asked me to change his nickname, so it could be good If i was able to write what his previous nickname (in my board it's necessary),
or for example I have a user that I suspect him to be a bad user or have some evidence about something, I can just write all that in the field in the ACP.

What do you think?

PS
If you know about any modification that can help me somehow or anyway in that, I'm opened for suggestions ;)

Levy, you are right!
I was just gonna post that, just found out about it!
For my purposes, I just had to tick this option when i created the custom field:
Make Admin and Super Moderator Editable/Viewable Only?

Anyway thanks! :)

I don't know if it stores it when an admin changes it... But if a user changes their display name, there is a log of it... Go to Levy's profile and click 'display name history'...

w00t? is that a built-in feature in IPB? Because i can't find it anywhere.

I don't know if it stores it when an admin changes it... But if a user changes their display name, there is a log of it... Go to Levy's profile and click 'display name history'...

After some research I've found out that it's logging only changes of display names not the real usernames.
And it's not helping me because I disabled this option in my board so users can't change their display names,
that's why I wondered in the beginning that there's option like that, because i could never see it, because when this feature disabled you can't even see this link in the profile tools.

I just use the warning system LOL. I don't warn them but can make a note that only mods/admins can see.

Thanks ;)
I'll check that out.

Why are you changing their user names? Just give them a display name and let them change it themselves... Saves you work and you still have a history of the changes...

If they don't want to have to remember some 'username' force them to log in using their e-mail...

It does store it if an admin changes it actually.

And I laughed.

Archived