Only members can view ...

iVuo

I've seen on many boards(mainly vBulletin) of a unique system. If your a guest viewing a topic you will see: " You must be a member to view this ..." when viewing downloads or links. It's very useful as people would then sign up to view the content in the post. It attracts more people to your board which is the main thing for many boards.

I'd like to see this in a future version of IPB. It's extremely useful and beneficial.

If it's never considered to add it, well I hope at least a hook or modification is made to do this.

I'm using V3.1.4, It was in a ticket where a IPB staff told me I could request this. He told me that this feature was not in any boards.
The only permissions I know of in my version are forum permissions and group permissions. There is clearly not a feature like this in any settings. I don't know if you fully read the first post because I haven't even seen this in the newest version.

The main purpose of this topic was to request a system that replaces links with: "You must be a member to view this link, please sign in or register" Something like that.

go to admin cp ---> Forums ---> click on pointer right of the icon to right and in drop down menu pick Premissions and from there you can assign so only members can view the section :smile: do exactly the same way you did on forum but on category to so you can edit premission on the category to.

As far as I no there is no permission in IP.Board that is as fine-grained as what iVuo is looking for. The closest you can come is to prohibit downloads, which will prevent them from seeing attachments. There isn't anything that prevents them from seeing other types of links in a post.

i just miss read his post there but now i get what he meant. I think there is some addon inside IPS Marketplace that actually puts links to hiden for guests since i have seen IPB forums having this kind of feature.

Found 1 here

http://community.inv...ks-from-guests/

but it's out of date, this 1 is built for ipb 3.2.x so i hope they upgrade it for ipb 3.3.x soon.

addon on link actually hide links you put in the topic/posts with maybe bbcode like [hide]linkehere[/hide] or it does it auto but about attachment you can forbidd guests from getting rights to download attached files on a topic/posts so when they click the attachment it will either give them premission denied or take them to a login page which means they gota login or signup to download it.

i just miss read his post there but now i get what he meant. I think there is some addon inside IPS Marketplace that actually puts links to hiden for guests since i have seen IPB forums having this kind of feature.

Found 1 here

but it's out of date, this 1 is built for ipb 3.2.x so i hope they upgrade it for ipb 3.3.x soon.

addon on link actually hide links you put in the topic/posts with maybe bbcode like [hide]linkehere[/hide] or it does it auto but about attachment you can forbidd guests from getting rights to download attached files on a topic/posts so when they click the attachment it will either give them premission denied or take them to a login page which means they gota login or signup to download it.

I don't see how I overlooked that hook when searching. Whoops :D.

• 1 month later...

I've seen on many boards(mainly vBulletin) of a unique system. If your a guest viewing a topic you will see: " You must be a member to view this ..." when viewing downloads or links. It's very useful as people would then sign up to view the content in the post. It attracts more people to your board which is the main thing for many boards.....

Found 1 here

you can use this mod : http://community.inv...723-hide-posts/

• 1 year later...

Archived