Why are these missing from IP.Board?

superi

Wow, it's very well hidden. :smile: I have used IP.Board almost a year, and now I know that. :D

Took me a while to find it at first too, but after using it, I much prefer it to the old ugly looking icon alongside the topic title, its clean and easy when you get used to it, its just knowing it is there can take a while ;)

One of my favourites, the "Who's Posted" is in the forum display as well:
%7Boption%7D

If I was an IP.Board designer, I would replace that circle with a small arrow and add another arrow before that posting time text. :smile:

The good thing is, you can be an IP.Board designer and you can do that, undoubtedly with some very simple template edits :)

One of my favourites, the "Who's Posted" is in the forum display as well:

%7Boption%7D

The good thing is, you can be an IP.Board designer and you can do that, undoubtedly with some very simple template edits :smile:

Don't even need to do template edits. The first one is a replacement, and the second one could be done with a template overloader I'm assuming.

If I was an IP.Board designer, I would replace that circle with a small arrow and add another arrow before that posting time text. :smile:

We used to have all that, and it resulted in an extremely cluttered interface all the time. Think about the average forum use (not you or me)...they're going to visit and click into a thread. They don't need 10 different icons to access the thread in different ways. It's nice to have the functionality there for those that need or want it, but there's a fine balance when it comes to presenting those features in today's web.

Archived