Do you want SSL for admin ?

action-reaction

I want this option, I need it, I work on my website in a library, I could also connect from a cyber café or an hotel.

I want SSL for admin and I know a lot of people also want it.

Yes, we can write a code in adminoutput.php, but we must change it after each release, it's a very bad system.

So, SSL for admin, yes or no ?

• 3 weeks later...

The result is clearly YES.

With less than a percent of the membership voting, and only a third of those that voted saying they actually needed this, I think that statement is a bit of a stretch. I'm not saying this isn't a good suggestion, but you cannot judge what is best for a large customer base on such a small sample size.

Also keep in mind that you're likely to get far more people coming in to this topic that want this that don't; those that don't need this probably don't care to come here and voice their opinion since it'd just be a feature they wouldn't use anyway.

With less than a percent of the membership voting, and only a third of those that voted saying they actually needed this, I think that statement is a bit of a stretch. I'm not saying this isn't a good suggestion, but you cannot judge what is best for a large customer base on such a small sample size.

Also keep in mind that you're likely to get far more people coming in to this topic that want this that don't; those that don't need this probably don't care to come here and voice their opinion since it'd just be a feature they wouldn't use anyway.

It is true, the percentage of people coming to this topic want the feature, but then it just goes to show you that customers want this feature. For those customers that don't want or don't care, won't be affected by the feature. So I fail to see how adding this feature would have any downfall at all.

I think you're wrong Michael. With your opinion, you can put all the rating system in the trash.
The fact is nobody can read everything, members come for their own problem, and if you do a newsletter about this topic, you'll get many many rates, because it's a very important point : It's about security.

I have SSL optional so users can change to SSL any times they feel and I force SSL for all my site admin CP's.

EDIT:

How big was the demand of removing topic descriptions, user notes, option to choose posts/topics per page etc.?

Archived