Serving static images from different domain...

You mean like a CDN? There is information on this here.

http://community.invisionpower.com/resources/documentation/index.html/_/new-docs/ipboard/server-environment-and-security/improving-board-efficiency-r565

Partially like CDN but not completely like it. I have half baked knowledge so I am not sure...

What I want to do is.. server images, javascripts, etc from different machine... basically I have 2 webservers.. one in US and one in Europe. I want to server images and all from the US webserver.

I am not sure, if i need one new domain or i can use images.fearless-assassins.com and use A records to point it to US webserver. Also what settings do I need to change in ACP to achieve above?

Sounds like CDN is the exact thing you are looking for...

do a cname to you main domain, and copy the content to the host serving that domain's content or just add that cname as a domain alias from your main website

Can any of you please tell me step by step on how to achieve it? I mean what file contains I need to duplicate on other web server and how can I do that?

What if i change the skin on forums? Will it auto sync or I need to manually do it? If manually, how to?

Can any of you please tell me step by step on how to achieve it? I mean what file contains I need to duplicate on other web server and how can I do that?

What if i change the skin on forums? Will it auto sync or I need to manually do it? If manually, how to?

It's not mandatory for the server you want to host the files from to have a CNAME or domain name pointed at it from what I gather in IP.Board's configuration options.

Setup should be simple. Install nginx on the server you wish to host the JS/CSS/Image files from. Don't bother configuring PHP at all on the nginx server as you shouldn't be needing it.

Copy the folders listed in the CDN article linked to by Rimi over to the nginx web directory. Update the configuration option mentioned in the article Rimi linked with the URL to this server.

If you change the skin on the forum, you would need to copy across any new images/CSS which were imported with the skin.

Archived