Validation Email

bobblebum

No.

Personally I can't really think why you would want an email at all. I would suggest reviewing new validated accounts once a day. That's what I do. The last thing I need is 60-70 emails every day telling me someone has registered at my site.

3DKiwi

Main reason is I get people who register and for some reason don't validate emails right away. So I get email about registration and check.. then have to keep following up and I don't get tons of registrations, just wich IPB would give you option to send another email when the people actually validate the email. Thats more important than when they register to me, because I have a manual approval process.

What I would like is a forced validation..I also notice people registering and then not validating. Like, after registering, they can't log in until they're validated?

A workaround is to remove access until they validate their account. There is a link to resent the validation e-mail if they accidentally deleted it.

Speaking of validating members, I kind of wonder what I should do about all of the validating members that I have.

I have 49 pages of validating members that has accrued over the last couple months.

You guys think I should put them through or just delete? Idk

I have 49 pages of validating members that has accrued over the last couple months.

You guys think I should put them through or just delete? Idk

If they haven't validated by now, chances are they are never going to. Personally I use the "Remove incomplete registration validations after [x] days" to purge non-validated accounts after 10 days.

Archived