Conversion support from IPS

TracyIsland

As IPS continues to rocket towards the moon, and we see other suborbital craft falling back and burning on reentry, it seems to me that IPS should put more time and support towards developers trying to create converters for, say vbulletin.

robert syvarth has had multiple requests for converters so that vbulletin users can convert their groups to his social groups app. Sure, Robert is getting paid when he sells his app but I would imagine that IPS stands to make some big bucks when it sells its core license for the board and other add ons. If these vbulletin board admins are chomping at the bit to make the switch but are holding off because of a lack of converter for a third party app, wouldn't it make sense for IPS to provide some 'help' to guys like robert and in the process, sell more licenses for their core product?

I know, as Charles rolls his eyes and sighs that he would love to hire 16 more programmers right now, but truly, this seems to be a smart strategic use of resources in terms of ROI.

- Brian

wouldn't it make sense for IPS to provide some 'help' to guys like robert and in the process, sell more licenses for their core product?

Nope, that makes no sense at all. IPS should only make converters for apps that it directly supports regardless of how great rsyvarth is (don't mean anything bad towards him at all btw, I think he's one of the better modders on this site).

I know, as Charles rolls his eyes and sighs

lol

Archived