Download: (J32) Show Online Status in User Info

Jeuhen

File Name: (J32) Show Online Status in User Info
File Submitter: Jeuhen
File Submitted: 17 Jun 2011
File Updated: 26 Jun 2011
File Category: Hooks and Plugins

Adds an Online Indicator in the User Info Pane, which you'll be able to see inside Topics, Private Messages and other
spaces that use the userInfoPane template. This hook makes use of the ipsBadges, which will show the online and offline
status in a nice rounded space, check out the screenshots to see how this looks.

Note: This is my first ever hook, i hope it works for everybody.

Click here to download this file

Thanks for this. Personally in topic view I prefer the icon to be on the title bar as shown. This then makes the profile shorter. Mine are long enough as they are.

3DKiwi

Hello, It was a hook which i made for IPB 3.2, but it should also work with 3.1.4 ... in 3.2 the online indicator isn't next to your name or in the user info pane.

Micheal has made a hook for this that shows it next to your username, you can also find this in the Marketplace.

It actually started out as a little code change in 2.3.6 and then i made the code change in 3.1, so i thought "hey, there must be a simpler way for everybody to do this".

I agree that it might not look as good on your userInfoPane, especially in 3.1, because i don't think IPB 3.1 uses the "ipsBadges" in it's stylesheet.

I'm just trying to contribute and help others out that might also be looking for a similar thing.

Thanks for your comments. :)

-Jeuhen
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived