ACP live search for 'furl'

KT Walrus

Could you improve the search results for 'furl'?

I spent a few minutes trying to find where to update the furl templates, The only thing returned by 'furl' right now is one setting (although there are a few other settings that should be shown too).

Well I think that's cuz no where in the acp is the word furl used. Try typing in friendly. :tongue:

Sorry. I should have said that "furl" returns nothing, while "friendly" returns the 1 setting. But, the ACP does have a "Rebuild FURL Cache" action and this is what I was looking for. I figured it would be under Recount & Rebuild, but it is actually under Cache Management.

My original feedback stands. I should be able to find all areas that deal with "furls" by searching for "furl" or "friendly url".

It's a nice idea in theory, but the ACP live search can't search through every language string on every page to find pages that string may be used on. I'll think about this a little more, but I'm not sure how we could get the search *that* intelligent within the current framework.

I don't know anything about how you implemented Live Search, but maybe you could do it as a tag system and just hardcode the most likely searched for terms to return better results. If you had every installation of IPB save the terms people type in and what result they picked and later send those in to you, you could use that info to improve the searches greatly (by spotting terms that yielded no click throughs but should have or by just seeing what terms are searched for the most).

This wouldn't need to be a high priority thing. I'd just like to see steady improvement. One of the reasons I posted this one is I think the specific search term "furl" or "friendly url" should be improved, even if that means hand tagging the results.

Archived