Deactive Myself 3.2?

ZakRhyno

Is there a option in the upcoming IPB 3. 2 for users to deactive themselves? In Europe counties this option must be there so that users can delete themselves and no private information can be left on the board if th user wish to leave. As I been given request to deactive 3 accounts so far I made a group and put the said user in there but something of a auto features would be nice. Would think like this be coming?

From memory, there hasn't got to be an option there, you just need to adhere to any requests for account removal.

I prefer working this way because my members won't go removing themselves when they have a strop, and have to actually ask me for removal.

From memory, there hasn't got to be an option there, you just need to adhere to any requests for account removal.

I prefer working this way because my members won't go removing themselves when they have a strop, and have to actually ask me for removal.

Well there could always be an option in the ACP to en- or disable this function, right?

Yeah but that adds an extra setting in the acp and ips doesn't like having too many settings.

That's true, but then again, in many european countries we are forced by law to give the users the possibiltiy to delete their data or delete it for them. With a larger board it may get really difficult... I mean I have better things to do than deleting users all day long ;)

And if a setting makes sense IPS will not refuse its implementation. The question now is does IPS see this as necessity or not?

Ikadon, there was this option in the default setting of another forum (smf).
Well, believe me, people who was curious just pushed once, twice since their account (of course) disappeared. I had more email requesting a 'account restoring' than the requests of deleting accounts.
Said that, if you have moderators, and you put a couple of advises in the main forum's rules..where's the problem? I wouldn't have this option. To be honest. I'm european. BTW moderators can help you.

Well, believe me, people who was curious just pushed once, twice since their account (of course) disappeared. I had more email requesting a 'account restoring' than the requests of deleting accounts.

Said that, if you have moderators, and you put a couple of advises in the main forum's rules..where's the problem? I wouldn't have this option. To be honest. I'm european. BTW moderators can help you.

Still having an automatic system would be best.

Well, this whole debate is subjective. You made your experiences, I made mine and others made others ;)
One would prefer an automatic system while others don't want one, and a third group doesn't care. That's fine. I support the request and I'm not here to evangelize nor to be evangelized.

Every year when my birthday comes around and I get 15 impersonal automated emails from various forums, I wish they had an account removal feature. Of course I'm too lazy to go sign in and make the request.

Archived