Download: (inv) Awards

Gunnar94

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The final version of (inv) Awards 2.2.4 has been released!

If you are still experiencing driver errors, please do the following:

Go to: Support -> Diagnostics -> Database Checker in your Admin Control Panel

Once you have made it there, scroll down until you find the database tables for (inv) Awards. If any are labeled as being broken, choose the option to fix them.

every time i uninstall this modification and reinstall it it works fine for a short time, but then it really bogs down my site and makes it very difficult for people to access posts or the forum index. Whenever you click on a forum to view a post it just sits there and cycle without switching and then you have to refresh a couple of times at least to be able to access posts...any ideas as to what causes this or why? it is only this modification that does it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am NOT a coder and not skilled at many things...

looking good, installed and working as intended :)

Just a couple of observations,
1. CSS for the topic view awards uses 'H3' which is a little heavy IMO, I changed it to 'H4', then further changed it to 'bbc_url' - nothing wrong with what you used, it just stuck out a bit too much for me.

<div style="margin-top:10px; border-width: 3px; border-style: solid; border-color: lightgray; ">

<div class="bbc_url">

<a href='{parse url="showuser={$member['member_id']}&amp;tab=awards" seotitle="{$member['members_seo_name']}" template="showuser" base="public"}'>{$this->lang->words['awards_title_post']}</a>

</div>

<div class="row2" style="padding:7px;">

{$awards}

</div>

</div>

I'm not saying change it as there is nothing wrong with it, but if you felt like it, maybe you could include a couple of style options in the settings, much like you can set different box styles for global messages, if you get what i mean.

2. on the awards page, clicking on "show awards" jumps the title from the right hand side to "hide awards" on the left, would be nice if the title stayed in the same place on the left hand side instead of jumping about.

regards,

Rich

then how will people see their awards?

Their profiles. I looked at your website, and it looks like you already have a ton of images in the topics, even without the awards application. While I am sure this app may have something to do with slowing it down, i would seem to only be playing a small role.

looking good, installed and working as intended :smile:

Just a couple of observations,

1. CSS for the topic view awards uses 'H3' which is a little heavy IMO, I changed it to 'H4', then further changed it to 'bbc_url' - nothing wrong with what you used, it just stuck out a bit too much for me.

<div style="margin-top:10px; border-width: 3px; border-style: solid; border-color: lightgray; ">

<div class="bbc_url">

<a href='{parse url="showuser={$member['member_id']}&amp;tab=awards" seotitle="{$member['members_seo_name']}" template="showuser" base="public"}'>{$this->lang->words['awards_title_post']}</a>

</div>

<div class="row2" style="padding:7px;">

{$awards}

</div>

</div>

I'm not saying change it as there is nothing wrong with it, but if you felt like it, maybe you could include a couple of style options in the settings, much like you can set different box styles for global messages, if you get what i mean.

2. on the awards page, clicking on "show awards" jumps the title from the right hand side to "hide awards" on the left, would be nice if the title stayed in the same place on the left hand side instead of jumping about.

regards,

Rich

Can you post a screenshot of what it looks like so I can see?

I also reduced the padding on row2 to 3px

bear in mind, bbc_url is the ccs for links, I had to change this to blue + underlined, as I think IPS forgot to make theirs' look like a link

like I said though, its just a personal preference, the next person to comment might well prefer how it is now

I also reduced the padding on row2 to 3px

bear in mind, bbc_url is the ccs for links, I had to change this to blue + underlined, as I think IPS forgot to make theirs' look like a link

like I said though, its just a personal preference, the next person to comment might well prefer how it is now

That's not bad, I could add an option for a less obvious box.

I guess i just went really minimal with mine.

Here's a shot of Author_Info and the code i used:

post-186310-0-52819100-1320765803_thumb.

<div style="margin-top:10px;">

<p class='desc ipsType_smaller'>Latest Awards</p>

<div style="padding:7px;">

{$awards}

</div>

</div>

I like that, but I we could go on all day with different styles lol ;)

on a more serious note, I usually use chrome, but just logged in to IE8 to check things and no awards are displaying in the topic view, is there anything I need to do re-caching wise, or anything that IE doesn't like? reverted skin changes to default, using default skin, awards dont display, just tiny 1px dot where each award should be, ideas?

Archived