February 2, 2011 in Feedback
I've been looking at the the headers in IPB and have the following observations:
Within the <head> tags ( and indeed the rest of the template) there is a lot of whitespace
The meta name for keywords, description etc need to be moved up the template, certainly before any urls, images and scripts
The keyword for description uses the first line of a post. If someone uses quotes, the description gets cut off i.e.
If someone posts:
My "downpour" theory hasn't worked out all that well in explaining 2008's high rainfall total.
Spiders will see a short description: My
Can you strip out the ""?
Keywords seem to list a high number, can this be reduced to say 10 or 15?
Would you be able to look into the removal of stopwords. I dont need at, the, to, in my tags, its a waste. The ability to add our own stopwords would be very useful.
Also looking at google webtools my 3 most relevant keywords are weather, topic, forum
topic and forum do not distinguish my sites from any other forum and I would like to be able to adjust these. I think I am correct in thinking that this is down to the url structure generating /forum or /topic. There are REPEATED requests to allow the removal of these. Please can you consider addition the option to choose url structures?
I can confirm the same issue when quotes are used in the meta description on 3.2.3.
First sentance of post:
I have a "new" 2006 CRF450X that has about a 130 miles on it and i noticed that both of my front forks are bleeding. I also noticed that the suspension was not set properly
<meta name="description" content="I have a "new" 2006 CRF450X that has about a 130 miles on it and i noticed that both of my front forks are bleeding. I also noticed that the suspensi..." />
The strange part, is some topics the meta description will be rendered with actual quotes in the description, and other topics it will correctly reneder with " instead of quotes.
Site imported from vbulletin and topics and post rebuild scripts have been run more than one time each.
The quote issue isn't reproducible on 3.3, so I presume that's since been fixed.
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.
Started 6 minutes ago
Started 2 hours ago
Started 1 hour ago