Download: View Portal Permissions

NenaDice

File Name: View Portal Permissions
File Submitter: NenaDice
File Submitted: 27 Oct 2010
File Updated: 28 Jan 2011
File Category: Hooks and Plugins

I got the idea to create this hook after I saw this thread here:

http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/323845-portal-permissions/page__pid__2034103

The way it is now, you can't restrict a group or groups from viewing the portal unless you restrict them from viewing the board as well. But what about if you want a groups, say guests to not view the portal but to view the board and vice versa? That is where my hook comes in. It will give you the options to set the permissions for the groups to view the portal indepedantly from that of viewing the board.

Install the hook.xml file through Manage Hooks in your Admin Panel and then to congigure it go to System Settings. There you will see a new setting called NenaDice. Click on it and configure the hook to your needs. There you can enable/disable the hook, choose which usergroups you want to prevent from viewingt he portal and enter the error message that you want to show to those restricted groups when they will try to view the portal.

Click here to download this file

Great hook,wish someone can make one to allowed groups to comment on members profile,like if a new member join they will need so much post to commnet on someone profile page this be good for spam bots and people that just want to be a moo... :P

It looks like an interesting idea. I see an use for my own forum as well for this. I will see this week end to code such a hook.
  • 3 months later...

I got the idea to create this hook

Hello NenaDice,

good hook, but it doesn´t work in our ipboard version 3.1.4.
Is this version not supported, in your description i can´t find a hint.

I installed it, in ACP the options are changeable, the restriction is
set to Group Guest.

But the portal is readable for guests. :(
THX for hints

In the description for this hook i read, that the filesize is 9.65K
In downloadarea i see two hook.xml with 4.82K.
Is this a mistake?

You are welcome :)

May I see the link to your forum?

Thanks. :)

vagboard.de

But now we have uportal installed and all is good.

With the old portal we have the problem, that guest can
print Topics und Posts. Now, with uportal is this impossible.

Idea
What is the right link to your portal?
/admin/applications_addon/ips/portal or /admin/applications_addon/other

Thanks. :)

vagboard.de

But now we have uportal installed and all is good.

With the old portal we have the problem, that guest can

print Topics und Posts. Now, with uportal is this impossible.

Idea

What is the right link to your portal?

/admin/applications_addon/ips/portal or /admin/applications_addon/other

I am sorry but I didn't quite understood your question. What do you mean by the right link to my portal? Do you mean the path to the Ipb portal?

If that is the case, the path to it is at: /forum_folder/admin/applications_addon/ips/portal

I am sorry but I didn't quite understood your question. What do you mean by the right link to my portal? Do you mean the path to the Ipb portal?

If that is the case, the path to it is at: /forum_folder/admin/applications_addon/ips/portal

Yes, this is what i mean.
I think to myself, it might be that the path was wrong and that is the mistake. But no.

Yes, this is what i mean.

I think to myself, it might be that the path was wrong and that is the mistake. But no.

It is strange as to why this hook is not working for you. I have tested and retested it several times and I use it at a client's forum and it works fine without any problems what so ever.
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived